Ocean Export Agent
Company: DHL (Deutsche Post)
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Ocean Export Agent
DHL Global Forwarding ("DGF") manages the flow of goods and
information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing
air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and
dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche
Post DHL, the world's leading logistics provider with operations in
over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
As an Ocean Export Agent you will be responsible for the movement
of our customer's Ocean export shipments. You will be the main
point of contact for coordination between customer's shipment
exports and shipping carriers.
* Creates and confirms transport order to ensure pickup of the
shipment at origin
* Performs booking and booking optimization according to internal
guidelines as defined by Product
* Prepares, controls and distributes all required Export documents
to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, etc.) complying with
regulations and internal procedures
* Checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of
* Responsible for customer service and follow-up on shipment status
in the Export area, identifies incidents, and ensures resolution of
incidents to meet and exceed customer expectations
* Interacts with Customer Service, Product, and Global Service
Centers, if required
* May be required to perform other tasks as required
Skills / Requirements:
* 1+ years' experience with in freight forwarding industry
required, strong preference with Ocean Exports
* Strong Understanding of Ocean Export regulations and
* Experience using the CargoWise system is a strong preference
* Need to be able to work, communicate, and resolve problems that
arise in the movement of product into the US
* Attention to detail and excellent oral and written skills
required, some customer service experience desirable
* Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world's leading logistics
provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career
site on the web at
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK !
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
* It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you're
working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
* We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more,
try harder for their Customers, and are proud of the service they
* And that's why external organizations have granted us different
accolades for our people practices:
Global Top Employer for 3 consecutive years - 2022 in 40
Great Place to Work 2021/2022 in 17 countries
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for
which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need
sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not
eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight
services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight
services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of
all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions
span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor.
They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the
brokerage of transport services between customers and freight
carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes,
purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network
utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of
routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO
Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.
Keywords: DHL (Deutsche Post), St. Paul , Ocean Export Agent, Sales , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!