Sales Account Specialist - Animal Nutrition
Company: Land O'Lakes
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Land O---Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We---re a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another---not Wall Street. We---re proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression Sales Account Specialist -
Animal NutritionThe Sales Account Specialist is responsible for
customer engagement, growing sales volume and gross margin
contribution by selling Purina portfolio of products to all current
and prospective customers in assigned area. --The role also
provides day to day services and digital expertise to a dedicated
team of external sales representatives to free up capacity for
sales at the farmgate.-- Communicates and sells products, conducts
forecasting, and manages execution of other sales activation
activities.-- Sales emphasis is technology-based with approximately
10-15% face to face interaction.-- Currently looking for candidates
that reside in Central, South Central, or Western U.S. Area of
- Increase profitably, sales volume and market share to assigned
accounts and generating targeted prospects via technology-based
selling, understands and sells the full brand of products as
- New product growth via remote prospecting and developing new
dealers & Coops
- Participate in pre-planning for dealer growth
- Maintain assigned list of customers, dealers, coops to optimize
- Competitive product displacement 30% Sales Enablement & Account
- Manages customer orders, pricing, forecasting and trainings by
working in partnership with sales specialist and dealers to execute
on annual growth dealer plan.--
- Work with sales specialist & dealers to deliver technology
options.--Help customers build their brand and market presence via
social media platforms.
- Facilitate awareness and use of promotions and growth incentive
- Recommend and assist with in store events and promotions.
- Educate and provide training to dealers and co-ops on Purina
tools, processes and technology, new product launches and
promotions to broaden scope and reach of sales opportunities.
- Coordinates, funnels, prioritizes data from multiple sources to
drive sales; builds lists or tools for the geography and assigned
sales specialist teams.
- Proactively communicates and executes seasonal marketing
programs, initiatives, and offers with customers to drive in store
- Regularly reviews account assignments and remains connected to
sales specialist --priorities by participation in meetings; --first
line of response to customer related questions and concerns; stays
coordinated to avoid conflicts between internal and external
stakeholders. --20% Products and Tools
- Utilizes sales tools including introduction letters, pre call
planning documents, conversation starters, newsletters, and
marketing program announcements to help Purina grow their business.
- Utilizes CRM tool (Salesforce) to analyze tracking reports on
calls made, marketing and service activities and maintains up to
date and accurate client history records. Coordinates training and
education to customers on systems, programs, processes utilizing
Brainshark, Social Media, and on-line live and recorded video
- Utilizes Power BI to identify opportunities, gaps, prospects &
create program specific reports--
- Demonstrates expertise in full line of products with strong
emphasis on animal nutrition
- Facilitate the awareness and use of promotions and growth
- Ongoing support and communication of new product
launches/promotions 10% Account Strategy
- Navigates geographic, specie, dealer size sales differences
regarding pricing and products.
- Partners with sales specialist to drive adoption of tools,
handle account challenges and execute on sales targets.
- Identifies and documents the dealer---s critical issues
limiting their sales growth.
- Develops customized solutions to assist the dealer to overcome
their critical issues.
- Analyzes sales reports to track trends in the assigned
- Provides customers with their animal growth potential driven by
insights from market analysis
- Work in partnership with the Sales Specialist (SS) and Dealers
to execute on the annual growth dealer plan.--
- Participate with pre-planning for dealer growth 5% Customer
Support and Logistics
- Resolves conflicts between dealers promptly and equitably.
- Thoroughly understands LOL Purina products and their value
along with the consultative nature of some of our sales. Key
Performance Indicators (KPI---s):
- Maintaining 95% of sales revenue from assigned C dealer
accounts over 1000 points.
- Partners with sales specialist to help drive growth in the A/B
customer market Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s degree in Animal Nutrition, Agriculture or
Business-related field plus 2-4 years of industry or direct sales
experience; or an equivalent of 6-8 years of successful work
experience in industry or direct sales experience.
- Ability to see the ---big picture--- of the organization and
understands the key drivers of the business relate to each other,
work together to produce profitable growth, and relate to the
- Proactive communicator with exceptional written, verbal, and
formal presentation skills.
- Trustworthy with a strong level of personal commitment.
- Ability to make sound decisions and complete tasks in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage productivity.
- Experience demonstrating agility and leading/adapting quickly
- Ability to sell in a highly competitive market.
- Solid experience using Microsoft products (Outlook, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint); virtual collaboration tools (Teams, Zoom); and
CRM software (Salesforce).
- Travel up to 10%-15% required. Competencies:
- Optimize Selling Effectiveness
- Lead and Embrace Change
- Demonstrate Agility
- Execute with Focus and Accountability
- Engage and Include
- Act Strategically
- Make Insightful Decisions The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work.-- It is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may be revised at
any time. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce,
including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant
to a Drug and Alcohol Policy. Neither Land O---Lakes, nor its
search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential
information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or
email like this, please do not provide the information being
requested.---- Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution
Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, St. Paul , Sales Account Specialist - Animal Nutrition, Sales , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!