Company: Michael Foods Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 14, 2023
BOILER CHIEF Sign-On Bonus: $4,000 LOCATION Chaska, MN COMPANY
Michael Foods is a multi-billion-dollar supplier of foodservice,
food ingredient and retail offerings that specializes in
value-added eggs, refrigerated potatoes, and more recently,
plant-based foods that help us meet the dietary and ideological
needs of all consumers. JOB SUMMARY Reporting to the Maintenance
Supervisor, the Chief Boiler is responsible for the effective and
efficient operation of boiler/refrigeration equipment and systems,
and for coordinating the activities of the Department's personnel
as required. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company
Standard Operating Procedures, practices, and safety rules as well
as appropriate industry and regulatory guidelines, rules, and
- Also responsible for responding to chemical (including ammonia)
leaks/spills; will be on the plant Emergency Response Team.
- Communicate with the equipment manufacturers/vendors on any
problems and follow-up on getting the right parts needed to correct
- Must work with various refrigerants, chemicals, solvents,
paints, fuels and lubricants.
- Assures that the entire system is operated in a safe manner and
that all components of the system are in compliance with OSHA and
- Comply to and monitor operation for compliance with all 14
elements of the "Process Safety Management Program".
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with approved
maintenance plans and work orders using SAP.
- Operate facility fire monitoring system. Read and understand
equipment and system drawings.
- Demonstrates ability to manipulate valves and pumps to get
water to the boiler from more than one source (Well or City water)
and maintain and/or monitor Wastewater treatment system.
- Maintains, adjusts, and repairs utility systems and facility
support equipment controls in assigned areas of responsibility.
Performs routine boiler water analysis and maintenance as
- Monitor and maintain plant steam production, ammonia
refrigeration system, and the plant compressed air system.
- Document all maintenance and inspection activity in accordance
with Northern Star Co. Mechanical Integrity Program.
- Operate and maintain all engine room and other equipment
including ammonia refrigeration, boilers, pumps, compressors,
condensers, and electrical systems. Help develop and follow
established standard operating procedures for safety, health,
environment, and production
- Adhere to safe work practices, complete monthly safety
audits/observations, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and
ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any
conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food
quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for initiatives in the following areas: Lean
Manufacturing, Cost Reduction and Mechanical Downtime
- Consult with Management on issues on boiler / refrigeration
equipment and systems
- Lend knowledge and ideas to the solution of problems involving
the plant boiler and steam system.
- Train new hires and existing employees as needed
- Adhere to GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that
product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions
or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience with boiler and refrigeration equipment
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Chief A or Chief B MN license required
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration systems
- HVAC and/or electrical licenses a plus
- High school or GED required, Associates Degree or training
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, St. Paul , Boiler Chief, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...