Engineering Senior Analyst (Hybrid)
Company: Securian Financial
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 24, 2023
As an Engineering Senior Analyst on the Facilitate Employee
Services team, you will work among team members responsible for how
efficiently and effectively we can implement new clients onto our
platform. Part of this is working with the new clients and their
third-party administrators to set up data exchanges both in API as
well as file exchange environments. This team is responsible for
consuming customer data, managing the data quality, offering that
data to our other Group area systems and partners as well as
passing data back to those clients. You will leverage engineering
best practices and your strong communication skills to do quality
work and to drive innovation in a highly collaborative, agile
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and support systems that capture and manage customer
- Acquire product knowledge to understand the complexities of the
data we work with.
- Develop and maintain solid data security knowledge surrounding
our systems and data.
- Develop and support integrations with our clients as well as
our internal partners.
- Perform complex tasks and enhancements to our existing
- Develop solutions around new technology and opportunities to
partner with our clients to exchange and manage their
- Perform critical support functions for our business and value
- Utilize site and performance monitoring tools like Dynatrace
and Splunk for production support and triage.
- 2-4 years experience developing with Java and exposure to
- 1-3 years experience with Spring frameworks.
- 24 years experience with SQL and/or other modern database
- Technical aptitude to understand platform solutions and how
those solutions integrate with other internal/external appsto
support highly complex or customized Group insurance
- Ability to work in a modern product-focused development
environment with experience using tools for code migration and
deployment (GitHub), test driven development, continuous
integration, and agile development processes.
- Demonstrates accountability and drives for results.
- Passion to continuously learn and improve technical skills.
- Experience with Agile principles.
- Experience with REST based apps.
**This position will be in a hybrid working arrangement.**
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work
day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper
manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of jobs.
New hire associates, regardless of work location or job
responsibilities, must be vaccinated before beginning employment;
exceptions considered for medical or religious reasons provided
alternative reasonable accommodations do not create an undue
hardship on the business.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. Were committed to
giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. Theres a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local
human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected
by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a
disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our
jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711
(telecommunications relay), or by email at
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click here
PandoLogic. , Location: Saint Paul, MN - 55129 , PL: 556344140
Keywords: Securian Financial, St. Paul , Engineering Senior Analyst (Hybrid), Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!