Emergency Response Technician I (1206)
Company: Bay West LLC
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 24, 2023
If you care about the environment and want to do work that
improves our planet, consider joining our team as an Emergency
Response Technician. For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West)
has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions
nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar safety programs and
records. We're a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees
in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering,
Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of
Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.Our
EMERGENCY RESPONSE TECHNICIAN I provide operational support for
field teams conducting emergency spill response activities
involving hazardous and non-hazardous materials releases to air,
soil, surface and groundwater so that they are performed in an
efficient, safe and professional manner.Responsibilities:
- Provide field support for the response and cleanup of hazardous
and non-hazardous material releases.
- Conduct sampling and monitoring of hazardous and non-hazardous
materials and wastes.
- Prepare daily diaries, reports, field sketches, post-incident
closure reports of all actions undertaken during an ER so that
records are accurate and complete.
- Assist with various duties within the facilities and shop
including regular equipment checks, maintenance and inventory;
instrument calibration, facility maintenance, facility
organization, snow removal as needed and available and other duties
- Actively participate on an after-hour On-Call Emergency
Response (ER) team - approximately one week every six to eight
- Provide field support for Industrial Services and Environmental
projects as assigned and available.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals and comply with all safety, employee, and HR
policies, procedures and practices so that assigned
responsibilities are performed in a manner which meets Bay West
- Provide support to our waste transport and disposal (T&D)
team, both for ER projects and for our waste T&D customers.
Effectively coordinate waste disposal activities with internal and
external customers so that waste is disposed of in a manner which
complies with state and federal laws.
- Properly maintain and train with ER and Oil Spill Removal
Organization (OSRO) equipment so that equipment is properly used
and in working condition.
- Communicate directly with the ER Manager on ways to improve ER
techniques, operations and functions so that Bay West continues to
perform ER services successfully.Requirements:
- No previous experience necessary.
- 40 Hour OSHA hazardous materials training; we will provide for
otherwise qualified candidate.
- Have a basic understanding of hand and power tool operation and
- Be able to operate the following specialty pieces of equipment
with basic efficiency: truck and trailer combination (under
26,000lbs), skid loader; spill response watercraft; forklift;
product transfer pumps, drum-head vacuum, etc.
- Basic knowledge of small engines, pumps, and blowers.
- Have familiarity with basic computer skills, i.e., e-mail, word
processing, and routine database operation.
- Possess a valid state driver's license, ability to meet MNDOT
medical qualification and ability to drive a vehicle while towing a
- Possess or have 24-hour access to reliable means of
transportation and communication (cell phone).
- Ability to function in work environments that can sometimes
include high heat; high humidity; extreme cold; roadway traffic
hazards; on water (boat operations) and confined spaces.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. over an 8-hour period
and engage in strenuous daily activities of a repetitive
- Willingness to adhere to use of PPE including semi-frequent
work donning a respirator; infrequent work requiring supplied air,
self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and fully encapsulated
- Ability to work in non-hazardous and hazardous work
environments including contaminated air soil, dust, fumes, smoke
and other toxins.Bay West Offer a Robust Benefits Package
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision
coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and
accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your
expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.In exchange
for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers
long term growth potential, continued training, a competitive
hourly rate to include overtime, a solid medical and dental plan,
401K, paid vacation, holiday and sick time, annual merit increases
and a bonus potential. Bay West is an equal opportunity employer
that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an
EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity employer. PI201872586
Keywords: Bay West LLC, St. Paul , Emergency Response Technician I (1206), Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!