Sr PeopleSoft HCM Business Analyst
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353375
Job FamilyInformation Technology
Employee ClassAcad Prof and Admin
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
This position provides support for the Office of Human Resources
with specific focus on business processes using the PeopleSoft
Human Capital Management system.
30%- Peer Leadership
- Supports team in planning and executing work to meet department
- Provides mentoring, training, and project/Agile team
leadership.20%- Analysis and functional design
- Analyze, document, and streamline complex business processes
for human resources.
- Proactively develop relationships with internal business
- Partner with HR Business Process Owners and system users to
elicit and document requirements.
- Author and review detailed business and technical functional
design documents used to communicate business requirements to the
technology development team.20%- Facilitate and execute testing
- Facilitate, support, design, and execute integration and system
- Partner with Business Process owners and subject matter experts
across modules to test system enhancements and updates.
- Serve as a positive change driver within the HRMS team, within
OHR, and across the University
20%- Production support
- Provide system support to ensure that the PeopleSoft HCM
application is operational to the University's business.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, detect, identify and correct problems
- Perform configuration and set up in the HCM solution.
- Support messaging, integrations, and batch scheduling.
- Develops user procedures, guidelines and training documentation
- Maintain applicable service level agreements.10%- Support ad
hoc business needs
- Manage data requests from business partners.
- Execute cyclical processes.
- Provide mentorship for Tier 2 team members.
- BA/BS degree plus four (4) years of work experience in the
areas of business or systems process analysis or master's degree
plus two (2) years of experience.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in PeopleSoft HCM
- Experience with at least two PeopleSoft HCM modules.
- Experience in PeopleSoft HCM version 9.2 and the dependencies
with between modules within HCM and PeopleSoft Campus
- Experience with testing PeopleSoft PUM images, critical patches
and tax updates.
- Experience in working with data systems and reporting in a
higher education environment.
- Experience using query tools including PeopleSoft Query and
- Experience using HP Quality Center.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral,
including communicating technology related concepts effectively
with technically proficient and non-technically proficient
individuals. Ability to determine appropriate times and methods for
- Ability to work collaboratively with people with a variety of
backgrounds including business representatives from across the
University, technology resources from IT, and business process
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in conducting analysis of human resources business
processes and recommending improvements or efficiencies.
- Project management experience or education
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the for more information regarding
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an
online application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Sr PeopleSoft HCM Business Analyst, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!