Company: Feed My Starving Children
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Your Role:Operate a food packing production line at a Feed My
Starving Children (FMSC) site. Maintain production area cleanliness
and uphold workplace and food safety compliance. Complete assigned
production tasks within a specified production schedule. Check for
quality of finished product and prepare for shipment.Pay, Schedule
- This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position. Work schedule
is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) with employer match,
PTO, FSA, dental, vision and more.What Youll Do:
- Perform routine and repetitive packaging of food product,
equipment operations and other tasks of the production line.
- Keep machine equipment processes moving. Troubleshoot as
needed. Understand and maintain the production schedule.
- Uphold food safety, food quality and workplace safety policies
and procedures. Ensure compliance with all SSOPs, GMPs and personal
hygiene related to food products.
- Complete daily start-up activities. Prepare equipment,
ingredients and materials for packing process.
- Complete end-of-shift clean-up of equipment and production
- Complete accurate records of production output, scrap, material
usage and labor hours.
- Prepare food product for shipment, including repackaging as
needed, boxing and palletizing.
- Check for quality of finished product. Identify, inspect and
report product quality issues.
- Follow equipment standard operating procedures.
- Operate powered industrial forklift and pallet jack to
organize, load and unload ingredients and finished product as
needed (training provided).
- Perform other duties as assigned. Your Qualifications:
- Commitment to support FMSCs Christian mission and goals.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of work experience in a manufacturing or warehouse
environment preferred. Machine operation, production or warehouse
- Self-starter; can work independently and can follow processes,
procedures and directions.
- Takes initiative to identify and solve problems. Responsible
and able to use good judgment and discretion.
- Thrives in a team setting. Able to pitch in, fill in gaps,
remain flexible, ask for help and share responsibilities.Physical
- Able to exert yourself physically for an 8 hour shift. Able to
walk and stand on concrete floor in intervals up to 4 hours.
- Able to use arms and hands to reach overhead, forward and side
- Able to frequently climb stairs and work from various
- Able to push, pull, lift up to 30-50 lbs. repeatedly, bend,
twist and use hand tools such as utility knives.
- Able to operate a forklift, scissor lift and pallet jack.Work
- Able to tolerate consistent exposure to soy (an allergen).
- Able to tolerate frequent exposure to variable temperatures and
loud noise in a manufacturing setting.
- Frequently required to wear provided personal protective
equipment (ex. Earplugs, eye glasses, Nitrile gloves,
- Work location is Eagan, MN. Reports to Production Manager.
- Join our group of professional world-changers. Work alongside
dedicated, talented folks. FMSC is an equal opportunity employer,
and we consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability,
pregnancy, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, military or veteran status, public assistance status,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more about
diversity, equity, and inclusion at FMSC - fmsc.org/values. Powered
Keywords: Feed My Starving Children, St. Paul , Production Operator, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!