Company: Health Systems Cooperative Laundry
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionAccomplishes production staff results by
communicating performance expectations; planning, monitoring, and
appraising performance results; coaching, counseling, and
disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing
systems, policies, and procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises and coaches production staff to ensure optimum
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing staff on the use of all control points, equipment, and
- Maintains compliance with established safety policies and
protocol, including but not limited to policies regarding personal
protective equipment, workplace injuries and illnesses, lock
out/tag out, etc.
- Ensures the safe use of equipment.
- Maintains working relationship with the unions by following the
terms of the collective bargaining agreements.
- Organizes workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing
- Checks production output according to production goals.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing
- Completes daily/weekly production reports and quality
- Identifies production barriers and suggests improvements.
- Trains new employees on the how to safely use machinery and
- Trains employees on proper work ergonomics and techniques.
- Understands E-Vue automated and Milnor wash/dryer systems, and
FMX maintenance program to ensure maximum production (training
- Works with LEAN principles in mind (training provided).
- Participate in hiring process as needed.
- Partner with human resources and Mid Shift Production Manager
as needed for resolving employee conflicts.
- Provides weekend and back-up coverage as needed for the
customer order process and customer service issues
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this
- Performs other duties as required.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND
- Basic understanding of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a high attention to detail
- Good professional and interpersonal/communication skills and
the ability to work and communicate in a richly diverse
- The ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including but not
- Fax machine
- Exceptional customer service skills both internal and
- Good organizational skills.
- Energetic, self-starter.
- Basic math skills.
- Bi-lingual a plus.REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma; degree in a technical, engineering or
relevant field preferred.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Union experience a plus
- Mechanical background preferredPHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand/walk most of the day and also required to: sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls;
reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:Fast-paced production
environment with limited-climate control. Union environment with
diverse workforce with multiple languages. Seven days per week
operation. This position works fixed two week schedule with one
weekday and every other weekend off.NOTE:Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health Systems Cooperative Laundries is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate of the basis of any status
protected by any federal, state, or local law. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Health Systems Cooperative Laundry, St. Paul , Production Supervisor, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!