Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Job Description Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or
Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps
snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If
the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest
baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA
(BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales
centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our
consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at
every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the
chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers
the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and
personal lives every day.
$4,000 Hiring Bonus will be paid out in increments $2000 after
successfully completing the 90-day probationary period $1000 after
6 months of continuous employment $1000 after 12 months of
continuous employment. Wage up to $29.60/Hour. Strong Pension
through IAM Competitive Health/Dental Benefits Proud Union
partnership with Local IAM 77 All Uniform (including boots), Cold
weather gear and PPE requirements provided at no cost to the
employee by the company 1 Week of vacation after completing 90-day
probation period, additional week after two years and more! Tool
Replacement plan And more... TheFleet Technicianis responsible for
performing service work, troubleshooting, diagnostic, DOT/State
inspections within the shop for route trucks and semi-tractors and
trailers. This also includes road call work as needed. Ensures work
assignments are completed and provides feedback to Lead/Shop
Foreman on work issues. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Check with Shop Lead for work assignments, obtains necessary
tools and supplies, and proceeds to perform either preventative
maintenance or unscheduled repairs.
- Record repairs on appropriate company forms.
- Use parts to fix vehicles from shop inventory or request from
- Notify shop supervision of any tampering or unsafe vehicle
- Perform vehicle inspections in compliance with State, Federal,
ICC and DOT rules, regulations and laws.
- Continually update the skill level through available inside
and/or outside training to keep abreast of equipment and technology
- Service Vehicles off site as needed.
- Transport all company commercial motor vehicles through the
Sales Zone as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned. Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to provide own hand tools.
- Basic computer skills are necessary
- Regular dependable attendance is an essential function of this
- Gas or diesel experience preferred.
- Prefer 1 years' experience with vehicle maintenance.
- Required to obtain and maintaining a DOT medical certification
card.Airbrake endorsement or CDL is beneficial.
- Appropriate state drivers' license to legally operate all road
equipment requiring repairs.
- Operation and knowledge of all shop tools and equipment
including Welding (gas and electric).
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Extensive periods of standing, stooping, and bending are part
of the normal workday.
- Fabrication skills preferred.
- Flexibility to work overtime and work additional days/hours
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be requestedto
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, St. Paul , Fleet Technician, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!