2nd Shift Assistant Plant Manager
Company: Chicago Tube And Iron Company
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Chicago Tube and Iron Company is a leader in the metals
distribution and fabrication industry. We are an established
company with an impressive record of profitability and growth. At
Chicago Tube and Iron, we like to think of ourselves as a company
that is big enough to offer financial strength and stability, but
yet small enough to quickly change direction when our customers'
needs require it. Our sales force and operations personnel share
their expertise to come up with the best possible solutions for our
customers. Want to know more? Visit us at www.chicagotube.com.
We are seeking an Assistant Plant Manager for our 2nd Shift
warehouse operation in St. Paul, MN branch.
JOB DUTIES:The primary purpose of this job is to handle the
day-to-day responsibilities associated with the operation of the
warehouse and the shipping office; to develop a work structure in
which all warehouse and shipping office tasks are performed in a
seamless and timely manner. Maintain order and structure, as well
as connect the functions of the warehouse, shipping office and
inside sales together.
Assist the plant manager in supervising the 2nd shift warehouse
- Establish and promote a culture in which safety is always in
the minds of all of our employees.
- Assign allocation of warehouse personnel to their tasks for the
- Ensure all areas are stocked with orders and there are no
interruptions to the workflow.
- Communicate with drivers to route deliveries most
- Inspect all equipment for repairs.
- Distribute orders in a manner that will utilize our equipment
and operators for most efficient results.
- Ensure the physical inventory is accurate and prevent damage to
- Partner with our maintenance department for preventative
maintenance, shutdowns, and building-related care.
- Communicate with sales team and upper management to carry out
- Order essential warehouse supplies to avoid interruptions in
- Verify that all shifts conduct monthly safety meetings and
report any issues that may arise.
- Train employees on safety and quality as required.
- Issue discipline to hourly employees and handle employee
- A minimum of 1-3 years' experience in warehouse operations is
required, preferably in metals distribution or related metal
- Must have an understanding of inventory management, quality
control, production scheduling, and personnel management.
- Must have knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally to other locations.
BENEFITS:We offer a competitive salary commensurate with
experience, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes
medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as supplemental life
and disability benefits. We also offer a 401(k) and Profit Sharing
CTI Employees:Remember CTI's "Reach for the Stars" Employee
Referral Program. A bonus of $250 is paid to any employee that
refers a candidate to Chicago Tube and Iron who is then hired into
a full-time regular position and successfully performs in the
position for at least 90 days.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERMINORITY/FEMALE/DISABLED/VETERAN
FOCUS ON DIVERSITYWe want our teams to reflect the diverse
communities where we live and work. We're building a culture that
strives to acknowledge and overcome bias and cultivates leaders who
value, support and celebrate diversity of thought and perspective.
It's important that our employees feel empowered to be their
authentic selves. Unique insights and experiences are what fuel our
safe, profitable growth. Because, we're stronger together.
Keywords: Chicago Tube And Iron Company, St. Paul , 2nd Shift Assistant Plant Manager, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!