Construction Property Damage Claim Representative Trainee
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$43,600.00 - $71,900.00Target Openings2What Is the
Opportunity?This is an entry level position that requires
satisfactory completion of required training to advance to a Claim
Representative - Construction Property Damage position.
This position is intended to develop skills for investigating,
evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims on losses of lesser
value and complexity.
Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle
(customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving,
negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance
with internal and external quality standards and state specific
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the
completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further
information regarding the assessment including an accommodation
process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy
is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
support flexibility. #LI-HybridWhat Will You Do?
- Completes required training program which includes the overall
instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to
the next level position. It is a mix of online, virtual, classroom,
and on-the-job training. The training may require travel.
- The on the job training includes practice and execution of the
following core assignments:
- Timely coverage analysis and communications with insured based
on application of policy information, facts or allegations of each
case. Consults with Unit Manager on use of Claim Coverage
- Investigates each claim through prompt contact with appropriate
parties such as policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement
agencies, witnesses, agents, medical providers and technical
experts to determine the extent of liability, damages, and
contribution potential. Takes necessary statements.
- Identifies resources for specific activities required to
properly investigate claims such as Subrogation, Risk Control,
nurse consultants, and fire or fraud investigators and to other
experts. Requests through Unit Manager and coordinate the results
of their efforts and findings.
- Verifies the nature and extent of injury or property damage by
obtaining and reviewing appropriate records and damages
- Keeps effective diary management system to ensure that all
claims are handled timely. At required time intervals, evaluates
liability and damages exposure, and establishes proper indemnity
and expense reserves.
- Utilizes evaluation documentation tools in accordance with
- Responsible for prompt, cost effective, and proper disposition
of all claims within delegated authority.
- Negotiates disposition of claims with insureds and claimants or
- Recognizes and implements alternate means of resolution.
- Maintains claim files, have an effective diary system, and
document claim file activities in accordance with established
- May attend depositions, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials,
trials and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
- Updates appropriate parties as needed, providing new facts as
they become available, and their impact upon the liability analysis
and settlement options.
- Recognizes cases based on severity protocols to be referred
timely to next level claim professional or Major Case Unit.
- Appropriately deals with information that is considered
personal and confidential.
- Provides quality customer service and ensures file
- Shares accountability with business partners to achieve and
sustain quality results.
- Must secure and maintain company credit card required. [varies
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- In order to progress to Claim Representative, a Trainee must
demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined above. Proficiency
will be verified by appropriate management, according to
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR
customer service related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks - Basic
- Verbal and written communication skills -Intermediate
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
managing multiple priorities - Basic
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/ Decision Making - BasicWhat is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service
experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., St. Paul , Construction Property Damage Claim Representative Trainee, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!