Senior Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
$1500 Signing Bonus
Senior Manufacturing Technician - St. Paul, MN
This is a 2nd shift position (Monday - Friday)
3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of
life through the design and provision of device and management
solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to
lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer
customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to
existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by
definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our
engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts
result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking an experienced, Senior Manufacturing Technician.
Working under limited supervision, the Sr. Technician lays out
builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies assemblies,
components, and parts of developmental and production product
items. Technician in this role ensures that the production
equipment is properly maintained and continuously operating in the
* Repairs and maintains a range of production equipment that
includes, but is not limited to: ovens, presses, microscopes, x-ray
equipment, automated machinery of various types and functions,
water purification systems, tanks, pumps, etc.
* Conducts preventive maintenance on all equipment, by cleaning,
adjusting, repairing, calibrating and replacing parts.
* Responsible for the installation of production equipment.
* Repairs single and three phase electrical systems, such as air
compressors, hydraulic pumps and three phase motors and plumbing
* Responsible for the treatment and purity of wastewater generated
by production processes
* Assists in the establishment and execution of a preventive
* Provides job skill training as necessary.
* Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including
identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve
maintenance issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
* Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and
in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental
Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
* Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains
positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all
levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
* Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
* High school diploma or equivalent, and/or trade school
certification/formal apprenticeship or other relevant specialized
* AA degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, or comparable
specialized training is desired.
* In-house coursed in management skills, safety, training, Total
Quality Management (TQM), and related topics are also highly
* Typically a minimum of eight or more years related experience as
a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment, military
maintenance environment or equivalent.
* Requires complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of
the job, including a working knowledge of single and three phase
electrical systems and electrical, plumbing, carpentry and
* Demonstrated experience in using a range of standard maintenance,
power and hand tools and equipment used in the trade.
* Demonstrated basic reading, writing, communication, interpersonal
and arithmetic skills/abilities.
* Ability to function in a collaborative and cooperative work
* Working knowledge of commonly used desktop computer software
applications (word processing, database applications).
* Must have the ability to adapt to change unforeseen situations
and handle work interruptions.
* Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred.
* Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse
* Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in
a fast-paced, changing environment.
* Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
* Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
* Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
* Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention
* Occasional overtime is a requirement of this position.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
* A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our
* Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and
* Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new
employees and tuition assistance
* Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives,
and retirement plans
* Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
* Paid time off
* 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
* The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to
help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities
with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Senior Manufacturing Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!