Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 15, 2022
To insure that the institution is maintained in the best possible
condition with the least amount of inconvenience to students, guest
and employees. Providing carpentry and construction related
maintenance, repairs and projects.
- Construct walls, partitions, ceiling and floor structures,
including framing, drywall, finish carpentry, acoustical tile,
doors and hardware.
- Repair furniture, equipment, structure and building components,
doors, hardware and signage
- Build and install cabinets, shelving and other
- Maintain woodshop, metal shop, building component inventories,
spaces and equipment
- Plan and lead construction and remodeling projects. Prepare
estimates and solicit bids from vendors.Assist other trades and
perform duties during absences or extraordinary
- Snow removal operations.
- Kitchen equipment maintenance.
Knowledge, skills, abilities: Must have strong knowledge of
residential and light commercial construction.Must have a working
knowledge of building maintenance, both interior and exterior
including plumbing, electrical, heating, window and door
repair.Must have the ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
for multiple tasks.Must have the ability to work independently and
as part of a team.Needs to be detail-oriented with a commitment to
high quality results.Must be able to communicate effectively and
professionally both verbally and written.Maximize efforts towards
productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing
1+ years of related experience.
Education: Post-high school training/coursework required.
- Working Conditions Physical/Working Conditions: Work is
performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings and may be
exposed to cold, wet, hot or humid conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds frequently and
up to 75 pounds occasionally throughout shift.
- Additional Information Complies with environmental health and
safety requirements and procedures as outlines in University and
State policies and directives.
- This positioned is considered essential personnel and must be
available outside of normal work hours if needed to support
contingency operations such as snow removal or support of special
- Summer maintenance work presents unique demands on the
department and vacation opportunities are normally limited during
Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends due to graduation and welcome
week events. Also, vacations are normally limited beginning the
first full week of August through Labor Day due to the wrap-up of
summer projects and preparation for the start of the school
- This is a 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
- Required to be on call for one week a month.
Keywords: Bethel, St. Paul , Carpenter/Drywall Specialist, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!