Sr. ERP Business Analyst
Company: Cardiovascular Systems Inc
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Putting a new spin on your career Working at CSI means being a
part of something greater than ourselves. We think big and move
fast. From creating revolutionary technologies, to working with
world class physicians and teams, we don't simply work, we save
lives. We have big company drive and small company vibe where your
daily impact can be felt company-wide. If you are curious,
ambitious and dedicated, you will love our community. Grow with us!
Job Summary: The Senior Business Analyst acts as an intermediary
between the business community and the technical community working
with IT and the business to identify emerging business needs and
elicit, clarify, and translate business requirements into
documentation and conceptual design from which highly adoptable
applications and solutions are developed and delivered. Business
analysts are an active thought partner who help shape the
technology demand among the business community. The day-to-day role
is to work with business (Supply Chain / Operations / Quality /
Finance) and IT partners on understanding the business processes
and performing business analysis techniques that enable projects to
be successful and goals to be met. This role will lead requirements
gathering and prioritization sessions to analyze, define and
document business processes, requirements and development of user
interface design specifications for technology projects. This
includes working with development team members by collaborating on
the development, testing, and deployment of highly adoptable
solutions. This role will also assist with project management,
validation and rolling-out of solutions, bug fixes, enhancements
and support. This role helps ensure the smooth execution of
projects to develop and deliver high-quality IT solutions using
Agile principles. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and document emerging business needs. Elicit
requirements for assigned projects by working with business and IT
stakeholders. Properly prioritize business and enterprise
- Work within CSI's ERP environment to deliver high quality /
robust solutions (Epicor).
- Performs analysis and translates business needs to create high
quality, actionable requirements documentation within specified
time frames to solve moderate to highly complex problems
considering all impacted components
- Develop lifecycle documents, including Business Workflow
Diagrams, Business Use Cases, User Stories, User Interface Design
Documents and other documents as required.
- Acquire and maintain deep understanding and knowledge of
business workflows, user interface and user experience design best
practices, interaction models and customer led design.
- Effectively engage business sponsors and stakeholders in change
- Define, design, assess and improve the solutions that provide
the business capabilities and end-to-end value to users and
stakeholders and maximizes end user adoption.
- Provide support with developing, testing and rolling-out of
solutions, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Assists in project delivery coordination by participating in
design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and
validate proposed solutions.
- Obtains key inputs from technical teams and identifies solution
- Engages with technology end-users to incorporate usability and
user interface needs when defining project design
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Assists in change implementation activities.
- Articulate or translate complex information in a clear,
meaningful, and structured way to suit audience. Additional
- Assist with smooth development and delivery of projects to the
- Project management tasks as needed to support project
- Work to develop and deliver high-quality solutions using Agile
- Support including troubleshooting and solving incidents
reported by users and conduct Problem Management including root
cause analysis of design and adoptability problems.
- Maintain compliance to the CSI Quality Policy/System (e.g.
Master Control), and all other documented quality processes and
procedures, when performing assigned tasks.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Minimum
- 5 years of experience with business analysis and requirements
- 5 years of experience with supporting complex business systems
(ERP) and processes.
- Ability to interpret and or discuss technical information with
a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree with a technical major and 4 years of related
experience or 7 years of experience will satisfy degree and
experience requirements. Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with ERP, MES, PLM and other enterprise level
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Successfully work collaboratively and with minimal
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Understanding or experience in medical device industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job
- Competent to work with minimal supervision in a technical
capacity on most phases of assigned projects
- Experience leading requirement discovery working sessions with
an audience of business and technology.
- Experience translating the results of requirement discovery
sessions into requirements documentation.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
detail. Physical and Mental Requirements:
- May sit for long periods of time
- Operating a computer, telephone, voicemail and other office
equipment on a regular basis
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of the
- Must have the ability to convey detailed information in a clear
and concise manner
- Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with
exposure to electrical office equipment. About CSI & Working
Conditions: Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI) is devoted to
developing and commercializing innovative solutions for treating
peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Our primary focus is
helping physicians conquer even the most difficult disease states,
including arterial calcium, given the complications it presents for
the millions who suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and
coronary artery disease (CAD). CSI is committed to clinical rigor,
constant innovation, and a defining drive to set the standard in
safe, effective, economical medical devices that improve patient
Keywords: Cardiovascular Systems Inc, St. Paul , Sr. ERP Business Analyst, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!