GSE Insurance Analyst
Company: Merchants Bancorp of Indiana
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Description: The GSE Insurance Analyst is responsible for the
compliance reviews of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily
loan portfolio. This position requires a detail-oriented,
deadline-driven individual who can work individually, with members
of other teams as well as with his/her own team to manage multiple
tasks and projects simultaneously. This position will have
extensive internal and external customer interaction. Expected
Outcomes: Success in this position will produce efficient,
high-functioning portfolios ensuring accuracy and compliance while
providing excellent customer satisfaction. Essential Duties and
- This position will work with the Merchant Capital's production
team by reviewing insurance prior to closing.
- Review Loan Documents, Appraisals, Engineering, Seismic, and
Phase I Environmental Reports to determine loan-specific insurance
- Input and maintain data using FICS and SS&C PLM.
- Point of contact on insurance questions, coverage requirements
and investor guidelines
- Conduct due diligence of loan documents to ensure proper loan
setup and servicing of the loan.
- Identify potential risk for the company and the investor and
promptly notify the appropriate parties following identification of
any coverage issue, deficiency, or lapse in coverage.
- Perform annual review of insurance certificates, statement of
values and invoices to determine compliance with Investor
- Audit insurance policies to ensure conformity with investor
- Process Insurance waivers/Exceptions with supporting
documentation for non-compliant insurance issues.
- Pursue and obtain invoices, paid receipts and evidence of
insurance on assigned portfolio. .Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the business or finance areas;
or insurance related industry designations with direct experience
and demonstrated ability to perform the required tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years insurance experience in multifamily loan
- Clear knowledge of Commercial Insurance Coverage - Property,
(including Flood, Wind, Earthquake and Terrorism), General
Liability (including Workers Comp and Auto), Professional Liability
and Umbrella/Excess Liability Insurance
- Familiarity with Agency and Lenders (Fannie Mae, and Freddie
Mac) programs a plus.
- Requires problem solving skills as well as the initiative to
troubleshoot and find resolutions.
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and oral,
through all levels of the organization.
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify, interpret and apply
applicable guidelines in managing assigned processes.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills with
a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully schedule own
workload to most efficiently meet multiple deadlines and manage
assigned portfolio, prioritizing according to risk and
- Ability to work well as part of a team while also capable of
self-motivation and strong individual performance.
- Providing premier customer service to investors, borrowers,
agents and co-workers.
- Demonstrate continued growth and development towards a senior
role in the department.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations
- Requires high level of computer proficiency in Microsoft
Office, specifically regarding Outlook, Word and Excel.
- All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success
of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of
explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to
an employee's primary role. Additionally, all employees must
understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking
regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to
assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate
under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the
following Core Competencies: Professionalism - acting with
responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating
consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining
flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and
managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately
managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of
business-related topics. Communication - understanding various
active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and
exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles
to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality - demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance,
safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of
urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work
practices and a results-oriented mindset. Analytical Ability -
navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound
reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership - displaying good judgment and certainty in decision
making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating
innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices;
managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals;
and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals. Merchants
Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being
equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will
be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully
performing the job as defined in this job description and as
generally accepted in the job's relevant industries.
Keywords: Merchants Bancorp of Indiana, St. Paul , GSE Insurance Analyst, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!