Principal Test Automation Architect
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.JOB DESCRIPTION: Principal
Test Automation Architect - St Paul (Little Canada Tech Center)
Experienced, high caliber Principal Test Automation Architect to
bring testing expertise to our fast-paced Software Verification
team working on Abbott Electrophysiology capital equipment systems.
Use your stro technical and leadership skills to support the design
and development of innovative solutions. The Test Automation
Architect will provide advanced technological solutions for
Automating Tests for large and highly complex software for medical
images (3D Shape models and geometry) and ECG signals. The Test
Automation Architect is accountable for Test Architecture decisions
at the solution level and driving software testing strategy across
all Electrophysiology Products working with cross-functional teams.
enabling quality, security, scalability of highly integrated
products Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining, building & implementing Test
architecture/ Test Automation development standards that are
consistent across all EP products
- Responsible for the construction of a new framework and tools
to help augment existing automation frameworks. Additionally, will
be working closely with the DevOps team to include automated tests
and testing infrastructure into the DevOps pipeline
- Assess the gaps in current test coverage and build a testing
strategy on filling the gaps on tests/Test code such as Smoke,
Regression, System Acceptance solution.
- Design/ build/ refactor test automation framework, harnesses,
and code libraries to enable the team to use and enhance them
across successive projects, thereby improving automation
development quality, reusability, efficiency, and team
- Work with development engineers/ architects to identify
technical needs of testing Infrastructure and drive to closure on
problems found, including recreating failures and verifying
- Provide technical and process leadership to project teams to
plan and execute integration and verification testing in a scrum
- Monitor industry trends and project retrospectives to support
continuous improvement of test engineering activities such as
test-driven requirements, traceability, continuous integration and
- Lead and contribute to strategic projects as assigned.
- Develop and implement solutions for improving Software quality
and reducing defect leakage
- Supports implementation and enhancements of test automation
tools and emulators
- Develop solutions to solve extremely complex problems in the
test automation framework.
- Implement new tools, techniques and processes to reduce test
- Implement dynamic solutions to increase code coverage in the
- Debugs, troubleshoots, and isolates software problems and
offers strategic advice regarding identified issues for future
- Test aspects of new projects or algorithms to evaluate
prototypes and validate output to meet intended use
- Comply with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors,
and vendors. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, or
Software), Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in software testing or development,
with increasing levels of responsibility leading to technical
- 4+ years of FDA regulated industry experience --
- Strong understanding of integration, verification and
validation testing techniques, including continuous integration and
white-box, black-box, coverage, reliability and regression
- Experience in medical device development/testing and/or other
highly regulated industry.
- Strong experience in Python, Open GL, Squish, Docker /
Docker-Compose, Testing Frameworks, SQL, Databases, Postgres,
Python Web Frameworks (Flask, Django), Data Science /
- Experience in Task Scheduling / Distributed Tasks (RabbitMQ,
- Experience with software test strategy which includes test
hierarchy, test design, test levels and test methods.
- Experience with software development lifecycle management
tools. Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive hands on experience in development of software test
strategy which includes test hierarchy, test design, test levels
and test methods for medical systems.
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Computer
Systems, or Software), Computer Science, or related
- FDA regulated industry experience.
- Organized, on-time, and detailed project management skills
including project leadership.
- Experience with Windows and LINUX operating systems.
- Strong technical skill set, including spreadsheet, word
processing, PowerPoint and specialized applications.
- Excellent documentation skills in delivering information that
adds value to management's decision-making process.
- Experienced in quantitative, analytical, organizational, and
- Polished communicator - written documentation and oral
presentations/ discussions/ meetings.
- Excellent reputation for building relationships across various
levels of an organization.
- Energized attitude.WHAT WE OFFER----At Abbott, you can have a
good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:--
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match--
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities--Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com Follow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.--Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
@AbbottGlobal.--JOB FAMILY:Product DevelopmentDIVISION:EPHF
Electrophysiology & Heart FailureLOCATION:United States >
Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical
DriveADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:StandardTRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of
the TimeMEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not ApplicableSIGNIFICANT WORK
ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2
consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal
to 50% of the workday)Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English:
http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf EEO is
the Law link - Espanol:
2 Days Ago Full time 30975721 About Us Abbott-- is about the power
of health. For more than 125 years,-- Abbott-- has been helping
people reach their potential - because better health allows people
and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network
serving customers in more than 160 countries, we create new
solutions - across the spectrum of health, around the world, for
all stages of life. Whether it's next-generation diagnostics,
life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel
reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and
revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their
best lives through better health. The people of-- Abbott-- come to
work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to
enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push
the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life's greatest
health challenges. We invite you to explore opportunities at--
Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with
our openings. An equal opportunity employer,-- Abbott-- welcomes
and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Principal Test Automation Architect, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!