Plant Operations Manager
Company: M. A. Mortenson Company
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 5, 2021
A strategic partner who actually gets your business Making your
project better than you imagined Building a better world one
community at a time BLUvera, Mortenson's vertically integrated
self-perform manufacturing and prefabrication affiliate, utilizes
advanced design, engineering, and 3D modeling to deliver and
install prefabricated construction products on Mortenson projects.
By utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and
assembly), BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and
fabrication of steel frame wall panels intended for load bearing
and non-load bearing applications on our project sites. We
continuously strive to enhance our offerings in prefabricated
scopes of work that drive value for BLUvera and Mortenson as a
whole. The Big Picture: BLUvera is seeking a Plant Operations
Manager who will be responsible for leading the strategy and
direction of our growing construction products manufacturing and
prefabrication plant. Mortenson by the numbers $5.05B 2019 revenue
-6,500+ employees across
11 offices + field 1954 year founded Responsibilities What you will
- Plans, directs, and leads plant operations with an intense
focus on safety and quality while ensuring compliance with federal
and state regulations and internal company policies.
- Directs, manages and develops plant team members to ensure
efficient and safe operations of the plant. Ensures compliance with
company policies and procedures.
- Establishes, communicates, implements, and enforces safety
programs and procedures; conducts routine safety inspections and
meetings; ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment;
identifies and implements safety improvements.
- Establishes and monitors plant operating budget; analyzes costs
and material usage; develops labor models; identifies and
implements improvements to positively affect profitability.
- Recommends purchase of all capital equipment and plant
- Prepares and/or maintains various reports, records and/or logs
(e.g., budget, quality, production, environmental, safety,
- Fosters and maintains a high level of customer service through
on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring
that the quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality
- Communicates with other company resources to coordinate
activities, develop new and innovative solutions, and drive waste
out of the process.
- Employs lean methodologies and tools to accomplish business
- Becomes the company "go-to" resource with respect to all
construction products assembled or manufactured in the plant.
- Supports the Director of Manufacturing in the development of
business cases for new manufacturing or prefabrication
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse
backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned Our approach to leadership and
culture Our founder Mort Mortenson believed that we were all born
to be leaders; that leadership wasn't something that just happened
to us but was something within us.
- Proven ability to independently manage plant operations.
- Track record of building a high-performing team to succeed in a
demanding, fast-moving, and growth-oriented atmosphere.
- Proven project management, problem solving, and organizational
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement and
change management activities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
with a proven record of building relationships and collaborating
across multiple operations and corporate support functions.
- Keen business acumen and attention to detail with a solid
record of leading change and delivering superior safety and
- Active listening skills and effective communication including
an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Experience with ERP (Oracle) software preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Must Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred), Business
Administration, or Manufacturing Management. Significant (20+
years) industry experience in assembly/manufacturing and
manufacturing leadership may be considered in lieu of a
- 5+ years of overall assembly/manufacturing experience in a
leadership role, including responsibility for safety, quality,
people development, production, financial, and inventory
management. Physical abilities: This position requires the
following with or without an accommodation; sitting, walking,
standing, lifting, climbing, pushing, pulling, hearing, visual
acuity, and utilization of a computer and office equipment. This
person must be physically capable of reviewing a jobsite multiple
times daily. The working environments consist of exposure to dirt,
heat, noise, dust, and outdoor weather; as well as indoor and
climate-controlled settings. Mortenson and BLUvera are
EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employers
Keywords: M. A. Mortenson Company, St. Paul , Plant Operations Manager, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!