Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: IO Datasphere
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Our client is seeking a Software Quality Analyst to plan,
design, and perform functional, security, accessibility and
performance testing on complex applications. Testing on various
technologies and reporting systems are primarily in a Microsoft
environment. This position may frequently have ongoing multiple
projects and must be able to efficiently juggle priorities and
tasks. The main application testing focus will be for the
Correctional Operations Management System (COMS), but other
application testing may also be assigned. The Correctional
Operations Management System (COMS) consists of over 70 business
modules which collect and track data about 16,000+ offenders that
are committed to the Commissioner of Corrections. COMS is critical
to the operations, every business unit within the agency uses COMS
daily for their own unique and complex business processes.
Additionally, data from COMS is shared with other state agencies,
law enforcement, counties, federal government and the public A
large part of COMS is written in technologies that are end-of-life.
Many of the projects for this engagement are related to modules of
COMS being re-written so that they are aligned with current
business, security, accessibility and legal requirements. Tasks
- Review, interpret, and clarify system and user interface
requirements in the form of High-Level Requirements, Use Cases,
Process Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Wireframes
- Design and create detailed test plans for software
- Design and create detailed test scenarios and test cases for
- Establish test entrance and exit criteria.
- Confirm and report on testing status.
- Provide testing estimates.
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize features and test
- Write and execute T-SQL test scripts.
- Perform functional, regression, security, and accessibility
- Use bug tracking software's to track and report problems in
- Produce evaluated test reports and take part in software
- Provide knowledge transfer. Location: St Paul, MNContract: 1
year Skills Required:
- Five (5) years' experience in a Quality Assurance Analyst role
for custom web application development
- Two (2) years' experience writing and executing manual test
cases. Skills Desired - A plus to have:
- Multiple engagements for web-based application development
projects that involve manual testing of complex business logic,
data validation, role-based security, performance and/or
- Experience writing and executing T-SQL or SQL statements.
- Experience testing a system with role-based security.
- QA experience on a system re-write project
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Accessibility (508 compliance) testing experience
- Ability to communicate (verbally & written) test plans,
expectations, updates, progress, issues, and successes in a timely
& clear fashion to the project team members.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to read and write program codes.
- Experience in using automated testing tools.
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience using TFS/DevOps
- Experience working in Corrections, Judicial, or Law Enforcement
Agencies *** Local candidates preferred, not mandatory*** s and
those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are
not sponsoring H1B candidates at this time.*** Companies submitting
candidates should only submit direct W2 employees for this
position. This includes H1B visa candidates and therefore your
company must be the visa sponsor. Please submit your resume by
using the "apply" button below - provided by Dice
Keywords: IO Datasphere, St. Paul , Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!