Special Events Coordinator
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 28, 2023
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you've got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you're looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Type: Events / Administrative
Work Schedule: Standard workweek (could include evenings and weekends) 40hrs/week
Venue Location: Union Depot, St. Paul, MN
- Special Events Coordinator reports to the Union Depot Event Sales & Coordination Supervisor and assists in the coordination of private events at Union Depot.
- May be assigned to work events such as weddings, corporate galas, business meetings, multicultural festivals, and conferences. Position will include hands-on training in event venue operations, coordination of vendor load-in, troubleshooting day-of issues, and client relations in areas of A/V, customer service, and venue-related inquiries.
- Will coordinate with in-house Janitorial, Parking, Security, and Engineering vendors, as well as caterers and other event vendors to ensure each private event is a success.
- Manage event administrative tasks such as preparing event agreements, tracking payments and vendor contracts, and verifying certificates of insurance. Special Events Coordinator will begin by shadowing Event Sales & Coordination Supervisor on client walk-throughs and will eventually conduct their own client walk-throughs and manage their own private events.
- Assist the marketing team on Union Depot public events as needed throughout the year. The ideal candidate for the Special Events Coordinator position is someone who is exceptionally detail oriented, organized, and is eager to learn the tools necessary to take on the responsibility of coordinating an event independently.
-Strong communication and customer service skills
-High degree of attention to detail
-On-the-spot problem solving
-Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
-Ability to lift over 25 pounds
-Ability to be on your feet for several hours
-Weekend and evening availability
-Bachelor's degree preferred
-1+ years of experience in event planning/coordination
-St. Paul, MN
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits may include:
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Keywords: Jones Lang LaSalle IP, Inc., St. Paul , Special Events Coordinator, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
here to apply!