Application Support Professional
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353870
Job FamilyInformation Technology
Employee ClassCivil Service
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
The Application Support Professional is a key member of the team that supports research through providing administrative and IT services for multiple clinical research applications. Primary duties include application and health research study-specific support of several clinical research applications including the OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), REDCap, Advarra EDC, and Florence eBinders. This role will serve as the point-person for these applications that are used by the Minnesota Cancer Center Clinical Trials Network (MNCCTN) and its portfolio of multi-site cancer clinical trials.
A successful applicant will be responsive, a good problem solver, able to become an expert in several IT applications, highly organized, able to track multiple work streams, and work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. The position requires the ability to provide an exceptional level of service and superior human relation skills for key interactions with researchers, research staff, administrators, and research support staff. The role offers qualified candidates opportunities to grow within the organization as their subject matter expertise increases.
The Application Support Professional reports to the CTMS Director with dotted line reporting to MNCCTN's Regulatory Manager. This position is integrated with the OnCore, REDCap, and MNCCTN HUB teams.
MNCCTN Clinical Research IT Application Support and Training (30%)
* Provision MNCCTN account access for OnCore and eBinders applications.
* Multi-site protocol set up and administrative updates for MNCCTN studies in OnCore, including the protocol shell, globally shared and site-specific documents, staff information, and IRB review documentation.
* Provide OnCore support for MNCCTN affiliate coordinators, project managers, and end users from other areas. Keep OnCore study-specific documentation up to date. Track and resolve user issues, requests, and enhancement ideas.
* Serve as the OnCore application subject matter expert for MNCCTN; analyze MNCCTN requests and provide solutions to meet their specific needs. Provide support via phone, email, in-person events and webinar-based office hours.
* Provide testing of OnCore changes during upgrades, implementations, and during change management activities.
* As needed - update relevant IT application documentation and training materials, including general OnCore training and study-specific materials, in collaboration with the internal CTMS team, Masonic Cancer Center, MNCCTN team and other stakeholders.
* As needed - assist with OnCore training or learning sessions.
* Participate in cross-functional group and team meetings.
Non-MNCCTN OnCore Support and eBinders Account Provisioning (30%)
* Provision eBinders and OnCore access accounts in collaboration with the CTMS team.
* Backup the CTMS Study Administrator to provide standard OnCore protocol set up and management for other areas.
* Provide backup OnCore support in collaboration with the CTMS team. This work includes analyzing user requests and providing typically standard and occasionally unique IT application solutions.
* Assist with IT application documentation.
REDCap and Advarra EDC Support (30%)
* Backup the Research Application Analysts who oversee REDCap support and maintenance.
* Attend REDCap office hours to provide live support and guidance for researchers and administrative staff.
* Support the development of project-specific data capture forms in REDCap and EDC, as needed.
* Train study teams in the use of Advarra EDC.
* Participate in routine validation testing of the EDC system to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Assist with IT application documentation.
Other duties and special projects as-assigned (10%)
* Serve as a subject matter expert on special projects.
* Assist in the implementations of new features, applications, or research areas.
* Complete assigned IT application testing assignments.
* Attend team meetings.
* Other duties as-assigned.
All required qualifications must be documented in application materials.
* BA/BS degree or a combination of education and related experience to equal at least 4 years.
* Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
* Experience with web-based applications and comfortable handling problems with electronic data entry.
* Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
* Knowledge of scientific and medical concepts and terminology, or knowledge of clinical trial management operations.
* Experience developing training materials, planning and delivering training.
* Experience using or supporting a clinical trial management system, electronic health record system, electronic data capture system, or regulatory system.
* Experience following instructions for new processes and contributing to continued improvement of processes and workflows.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance, allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
Apply for JobJob ID353870
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Application Support Professional, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
here to apply!