Company: Fairview Health Services
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 25, 2023
OverviewM Health Fairview is look for a Security Officer at our
Midway Campus in St. Paul, MN. This position is Casual on the
Day/Evening/ Night shift with 8 & 12 hour shifts and an as needed
weekend rotation.As a Security Officer you will provide safety and
security of patients, visitors and staff and property by responding
to needs of hospital patients, visitors and staff, offering
assistance and providing excellent customer service standards.
Proactively works to prevent theft and vandalism. May be involved
in high risk situations with exposure to potentially dangerous
situations which requires range of safety precautions.About our
Midway Location:Located in St. Paul, MN, this location houses our
corporate offices. It is the central hub of where all great careers
at Fairview begin and where our world class Midway Clinic is
located. This location is conveniently located to major
highways.Hiring ProcessIf your skills and experience appear to
align with those of the position, you may be asked to participate
in a pre-recorded video interview.The recorded video interviews are
reviewed by our hiring team and provide the reviewers with insights
on the skills, attributes and experiences you possess that will
allow you to be successful in your role.You will be notified by
email or phone if selected for the next stage of our recruitment
process. At any time, you may also check your application status
online in your Fairview applicant profileat this link
.ResponsibilitiesAs a Security Officer, you will provide safety and
security of patients, visitors, and staff and property by
responding to needs of hospital patients, visitors and staff,
offering assistance and providing excellent customer service
standards. Proactively works to prevent theft and vandalism. May be
involved in high risk situations with exposure to potentially
dangerous situations which requires range of safety
- Patrols designated areas according to established procedures
and documents patrols in daily shift reports.
- Documents daily activities in report writing system.
- Provides assistance to patients, visitors and staff.
- Responds to calls for services.
- Assists in the control (often physical) of potentially violent
individuals which requires strength, stamina, flexibility and
- Works with potentially unpredictable individuals requiring that
teamwork and communication with other security officers.
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws,
regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and
techniques to gain acceptance for ideas or solutions. Uses
influencing strategies to gain genuine agreements; seeks to
persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions or
- Crisis Intervention:Ability to identify, assess, understand,
and cope with a serious situation, especially from the moment it
first occurs to the point that recovery procedures start.
- Risk Analysis: Utilizing policies, procedures, and practices to
minimize or eliminate unacceptable risk; application of qualitative
or quantitative techniques to reduce uncertainty of outcomes,
liabilities, or losses
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting
approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences
of population served.
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respective manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population
- Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning
needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with and maintains knowledge of all relevant laws,
regulation, policies, procedures and standards.
- Fosters a culture of improvement, efficiency and innovative
- Valid Class D Drivers License and DMV record which meets
MHealthFairview Insurability requirements as necessary for the
- Must pass MHealthFairview background check. Must be able to
pass pre-assignment training within probationary period.
- One year of customer service experience.Preferred
- Hospital Security experience.
- Two years security or customer service or military experience,
or, Associates degree and one year of security or customer service
experience, or Bachelor degree in related field.keywords: Security,
Guard, OfficerNeed help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs
specifically for you!Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an
award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care
across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one
of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in
the state, with 12 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center
and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro
area and north-central Minnesota.Its broad continuum also includes
56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living
communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit
management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home
health care services, medical transportation, an integrated
provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership
with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and
2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier
future through healing, discovery and education.Vaccination
UpdateAs part of our ongoing efforts to protect the wellbeing of
our teams and to provide a safe and healthy environment for the
patients and communities we serve, all Fairview employees will be
required to receive both an annual flu vaccination and the COVID-19
vaccination series. Current employees must have completed both
vaccination schedules on or before October 31, 2021.Beginning
August 9, 2021, any new hires who are not fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 are required to receive their first dose prior to their
start date and their second dose (if receiving Moderna or Pfizer
vaccines) within 4 weeks of their start date. Annual flu
vaccinations are also required before the employment start date for
employees who begin employment during the flu season.Accommodations
requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.EEO/AA
Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.Job
Locations US-MN-Saint PaulPosted Date 9 months ago (4/13/2022 2:19
PM)Requisition ID 2021-80252Profession Business
Midway BuildingShift day/evening/nightHours per 2 weeks
casualLocation Midway Corporate Campus
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, St. Paul , Security Officer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!