Company: Rise Incorporated
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description: Do you want to make a real difference in people's
lives? Work for an inspiring non-profit leader in disability
services!At Rise, Inc., we believe that everyone deserves
opportunities to live a life filled with purpose and pride. In our
employment, housing, and life-enrichment services, we support
people to set and achieve their personal goals. That shared
commitment is the foundation of a workplace that embraces a culture
of learning and growth by offering extensive training, competitive
salaries, and a fun work environment. Visit our website at to learn
more about our work.What you will be doing:The Activity
Lead/Coordinator will create, schedule and provide skill building,
life enrichment, and recreational/leisure activities for adults
with disabilities in community and centerbased programming.
Provides transportation services for individuals in Rise
- Support the development of curriculum/resources of day services
(assist with building a library for use across all Rise
- Coordination and creation of monthly/weekly calendars of
- Maintains inventory of items needed for activities.
- Work closely with the on site Rise Supervisor and Case Managers
to ensure activities are person centered and align with program
- Build, establish, and maintain effective working relationships
with community partners to develop volunteer opportunities for
people in the community.
- Provide support to people using a person-centered approach
while modeling person centered practices.
- Lead with a service focus to set the example for others in
focusing on providing excellent service for people served, their
families, and all other people who support them.
- Provide direct support for the individuals in this program
including transferring and repositioning adults to/from wheelchairs
with the use of equipment. Requirements: What you will need to do
- Technology skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office software
(Outlook, Word, Teams, etc.).
- Case management - Learn software system and become
- Familiarity or willingness to learn systems of AAC (adaptive
communication) and assistive technology in areas of software,
hardware and mobility.
- Current, valid driver's license.
- A driving record that demonstrates safe, legal driving
- Compliance with MN DHS Rule 11, Rise MVR background check , and
other pre-employment requirements.
- The team member frequently is required to twist, stoop, bend,
reach, pull, push, stand, sit and walk for up to eight hours per
day. Able to lift and transfer people, with varying weights is an
essential function of this role.Preferred Education, Experience,
and other Qualifications
- Previous experience practicing person-centered techniques with
people with disabilities or other barriers.
- Degree in human service field and one-year experience working
with adults with disabilities and/or brain injuries preferred.What
we have to offer you:
- Wage: $20.00 - $22.00/per hr., depending on qualifications
- Daytime work hours (No evenings, weekends, or major
- A pathway opportunity for persons aspiring for careers in
Social Work, Human Services, and/or Health Care
- Medical insurance - single employee coverage less than
- Dental insurance less than $17/month
- 401(k) with a 100% vested employer match
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at 16 days per year, plus paid and
- Additional Benefits available including disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and Rise sponsored trainings (i.e., CPR,
First Aide, and more) to help you be successful in your role
- Employee resource groups (i.e., DEI, LGBTQ+, recognition and
more).Are you looking to work with a diverse team of professionals?
Do you want to work in a fun environment while supporting others to
live a life of possibilities? Then join Rise, Inc.! Visit our
career page to apply to this and other positions, or email us at if
you have any questions.Rise values being a person-centered
organization. This impacts how we carry out services for the people
we support and our organizational culture. We encourage people's
unique individual differences and celebrate the ways our team
members contribute to our community. We believe in a workplace
informed by differing viewpoints and perspectives created from a
diverse team and welcome people of all races, genders, ages,
nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, and backgrounds to
apply. Our goal is that those we serve and our team members always
feel valued and respected.PM21
Keywords: Rise Incorporated, St. Paul , Activity Lead, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!