Environmental Scientist II-Transportation(1179)
Company: Bay West LLC
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Midlevel Project Support - Environmental Scientist IIIf you care
about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet,
consider joining our team as an Environmental Scientist! For almost
50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader
delivering nationwide Environmental Solutions and we're proud of
our stellar safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of
expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services:
Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and
Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State,
Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.In order to grow our
Department of Transportation (DOT) environmental consulting
services, Bay West is seeking an experienced Environmental
Scientist II that not only specializes in transportation project
work for Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) and
Wisconsin Department of transportation (WISDOT), but is also
looking to expand their technical experience and knowledge to other
investigation and remediation sectors. Bay West is interested in
expanding our experience and technical knowledge to enable us to
win large-scale DOT due diligence and construction monitoring
projects. This position will support in executing individual and
large-scale MnDOT corridor due diligence (Phase I and II
environmental site assessments) and construction monitoring
projects by assisting in reporting, coordination, and
communication, primarily in an office setting, while also assisting
in project support on MPCA and other commercial projects. Job
Summary: The ideal Midlevel Project Support - Environmental
Scientist II candidate has at least 5 years of experience providing
both field and office-task support on environmental assessments for
MnDOT and or WISDOT including Phase I and Phase II ESAs, and
construction monitoring during active construction projects. The
candidate should have experience assisting with project management
duties and a drive to grow in technical and project management
skills.Ideal candidate must be able to perform the following
- Provide technical, engineering, and/or geological support on
various environmental site assessments; investigations of
contaminated soil, sediment and groundwater; and construction
- Prepare project deliverables including work plans, bidding
specifications, Phase I and Phase II ESAs, RAPs and CCPs,
Construction Monitoring Reports and other correspondence using
technical writing and analysis skills.
- Coordinate and prepare detailed instructions for field staff
and assist in execution of field programs.
- Assist in preparing large-scale MnDOT proposals using
real-world technical experience and lessons learned.
- Collaboratively work and coordinate with other staff to problem
solve and produce high quality creative solutions for our
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, environmental
science, biology, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in environmental consulting, with
a focus on working directly on MnDOT, WisDOT or other related
transportation environmental projects.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental
regulations (especially MPCA guidance documents, unregulated fill
best management practices, Phase I ASTM, and other environmental
assessment field data collection methods and procedures.
- Knowledge transportation construction project processes and
- Experience in another environmental service line such as
regulated materials assessment, Phase I ESA preparation and/or
review, industrial services, or other similar examples
- Strong and demonstrable technical writing and data
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current refreshers.
- Ability to work on fast-paced projects and supply a quality
deliverable that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ability to foster friendly, positive, productive, and team
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (both
written and verbal).
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and
manage multiple projects in a fast-paced collaborative
- Travel occasionally to perform field safety audits, kickoff
field work, or meet with clients, regulators, and other project
stakeholders. (Preferred Skills/Certifications:
- Maintains professional certifications, PG, PE, or CHMM or has
ability to obtain within 2 years Bay West offers its valued
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision
coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and
accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your
expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.Bay West is
an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a
diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Bay West LLC, St. Paul , Environmental Scientist II-Transportation(1179), Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!