Company: RailWorks Corporation
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 26, 2022
RailWorks is the largest rail construction, repair and
maintenance company in North America. We are hiring Laborers to
travel on projects throughout western Washington and Oregon.
*\*\*\*This position requires regular travel\*\*\**
*\*\*\*Must pass a pre-employment drug screen. Screen includes
No experience in rail or construction is required, we provide
complete on the job training.
The Track Laborer performs a variety of tasks involving physical
labor to build, repair and maintain railroad track. Uses a variety
of hand and power tools and other construction equipment. Works
with a crew and reports to a Foreman. Must be able to work *safely*
and as a team member.
Examples of tools utilized include: Ballast, rails, spike mauls,
tie tongs, rail tongs, rail forks, lining bars, shovels, jacks,
spike mauls, spike drivers, claw bars, spike lifters, spike
pullers, power wrenches, impact drills, and other welding
* Cleans and prepares construction work sites to eliminate possible
* Attaches rail, remove spikes, lift and handle railroad
* Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to
determine work activities.
* Digs ditches or trenches, backfills excavations, and compacts and
levels earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, and rakes including tamping ballast.
* Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components.
* Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out
areas where construction work will be performed.
* Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement,
and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
* Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and
tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according
to project plans and specifications.
* Follows company and industry safety rules, practices and
* Controls traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Willing to work various shift schedules, including nights and
* Ability to travel to various project and work sites as
* Experience with machines and tools used in construction,
including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
* Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies,
procedures and regulations.
* Ability to work as a team to carry out assigned tasks.
*Physical Requirements and Working Conditions*
* Works outdoors at railroad construction sites in all weather
conditions, including very hot and cold weather.
* Capable of walking long distances on uneven or rough terrain.
* Lifts, pushes, pulls, and carries heavy objects, machinery and
tools up to 100 pounds.
* Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the
arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as standing,
climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and
handling of materials, equipment and tools.
* May be exposed to loud noise, live track/trains and high
* Must wear appropriate safety equipment, such as safety glasses,
safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection, as required by the
* Competitive compensation
* Top of the market benefits including medical, dental, vision and
disability options to opt into
* 401 (k) with employer match
* PTO accrual after 1 year of company tenure
* Substantial opportunities to grow your career and take it to the
* Per Diem and lodging for qualifying positions.
* And more!
As a US Department of Transportation contractor, RailWorks is
required to comply with all current Federal DOT regulations,
including drug testing. At this time, Federal DOT drug tests do not
allow for the use of marijuana, even in states that allow medical
and/or recreational use. Accordingly, candidates will be required
to pass a pre-employment drug test that includes marijuana prior to
This job description is not intended to represent a complete,
comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be
required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and
other duties as assigned.
RailWorks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with
RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 12 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: RailWorks Corporation, St. Paul , Laborer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!