Barista - Seasonal
Company: Areas USA
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Areas USA *is seeking for Amazing Energetic associates to join
our team as a *Barista* for our *People's Organic *restaurant
located within Terminal 1 of the *Minneapolis-St Paul International
* *Status* - Full-Time and Part-Time shifts available
* *Pay Rate: *$19.30 per hour
* *Schedule: * Morning, afternoon, closing shifts. Weekend
availability is a must.
*Broad Functions*: Provides courteous, knowledgeable, outstanding
customer service through excellent product knowledge and superior
barista skills. Prepares beverages according to Store highest
standards, and a commitment to quality in all the goods the store
offers. In filling a customer's order, baristas must address
numerous factors, including the grind of the espresso, the pressure
of the tamp, the speed at which the espresso shot is pulled, the
temperature of the milk and the kind of serving cup.
*Main Duties and Responsibilities*:
* *Customer Service* - Welcomes and connects with every customer.
Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product to
enhance service and meet sales goals. Offers customer
demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment.
* *Transactions - *Operates cash register and receives payment from
customer in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides
change to customers as required, and follows all Areas Guest
Experience and cash handling policies and procedures
* *Equipment -* Assists in locating, reconciling, and verifying the
accuracy of transactions and operate equipment with peripheral
electronic data processing. Transfers supplies and equipment
between storage and work areas by hand or cart
* *Team* - Assists with a variety of kitchen-related functions as
* *Inventory - *Receives inventory, moves and lifts food and
beverage products and supplies; maintain a solid knowledge of
product and services available in unit
* *Protocol*: Ensures proper food handling procedures are followed
including wrapping, labeling, dating, stocking, storing, rotating
and checking temperature of products
* *Organization & Tidiness - *Cleans, stocks and sanitizes
workstation and equipment.
*Qualifications and Skills: *
* *Education - *High School Diploma or equivalent.
* *Experience - *Cashier experience in a food and beverage
environment highly desirable.
* *Customer Service - *Excellent guest service abilities while
working directly with the public.
* *Math - *Basic mathematics skills with the ability to add,
subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
* *Team* - Able to develop cooperative working relationships with
* *Communication -* Must be able to communicate clearly with
managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
* *Energy* - Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* *Details* - Strong attention to detail.
* *Physical *- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up
to 40 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long
periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* *Advance *- Opportunities for advancement including multi-unit
* *Health *- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* *Protection* - Life, long term disability, and short-term
* *Retirement *- 401(k) retirement plan
* *Recharge and Relax* - Vacation, sick time, and mental health
"Cares Days" pay
* *Dine with Us* - Free Meals
* *Opportunities* - Transfer opportunities in the US and
*Physical Demands: *
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly
required to stand for long periods of time, move and handle boxes
of merchandise which entails lifting, and perform all functions as
set forth above. Position is required to use hands and fingers,
communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance. The
associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to focus.
If you're seeking the perfect balance of professional success and
growth potential at a world-class international hospitality company
*Areas* *USA *is a *world-class* international leader in casual
dining and quick serve food, beverage, and retail services in the
travel hospitality industry. With an operating presence in *12
countries* throughout Europe and the Americas including US, France,
Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile, and Mexico, Areas offers a
broad range of food services designed to exceed the expectations of
travelers in airports, highway service plazas and railway stations.
*Areas* serves over *348 million guests *per year, has *22,500
employees*, and is *ranked #3 *in travel food and retail services
*Areas have a presence in the following US cities: *Minneapolis,
Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Maryland,
Indianapolis, Detroit, Newark.
_Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.30 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Coffee shop
* Fast casual restaurant
* Quick service & fast food restaurant
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Areas USA, St. Paul , Barista - Seasonal, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!