Company: Gables Search Group
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Our client develops intelligent laser processing solutions for
manufacturing innovation and is located near St. Paul, MN. They are
looking to add an Applications Engineer to their team. The
Applications Engineer works with industrial laser material
processes such as cutting, ablating, and scoring. They work with
internal teams on specifications, and coordinating the planning,
design, and testing of laser equipment. Projects lead to system
sales, upgrades, service and contract manufacturing in print,
packaging, medical, and other industries.
- Develop clear and achievable technical product and equipment
specifications by working with customers, sales personnel,
distributors, and vendors.
- Lead system setup and commissioning, including electrical
and/or mechanical and/or software troubleshooting.
- Directly perform product and process testing.
- Create test plans and lead process technicians and other
process engineers to perform product and process testing.
- Develop thorough factory and site acceptance criteria by
partnering with the customer.
- Thorough documentation of common processes, statements of work,
and professional reporting of test results.
- Consult with Engineering throughout the design process to
ensure specifications & requirements are met.
- Leads/effects "Factory Acceptance Testing" with the customer to
demonstrate proper performance and processing
- Leads/effects "Site Acceptance Testing" at the customer site to
demonstrate proper performance and processing capabilities, seeking
final signoff from the customer.
- Leads/effects on-site customer training, transferring adequate
software and equipment knowledge to the customer.
- Leads/effects resolution of outstanding technical or
operational issues that exist post installation.
- Communicates specifications to Field Service Technicians to
ensure process requirements are clear.
- Initiate customer contact, coordinate customer samples, propose
non-recurring engineering projects and demonstrations and perform
technical reporting efforts for timely delivery to
- Source of technical knowledge; trains and mentors other team
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field of
- 3+ years of experience in laser processing or related
- Natural ability for troubleshooting
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable with electrical and mechanical equipment platforms,
software, and automation
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Strong leadership, communication and project management
- Understanding and applying engineering tools such as design of
experiments (DOE) and statistical techniques (Cpk, control
- Experience with lasers, optics, and laser material
- Understanding material interactions with different laser
wavelengths and pulse durations
- Standing and walking on a concrete floor
- Working in a manufacturing environment
- Moderate time working at a computer workstation
- Some lifting required up to 70 pounds
- Travel to customer facilities, typically less than 20%
Keywords: Gables Search Group, St. Paul , Applications Engineer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!