Company: St. Catherine University
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 24, 2022
St. Catherine University and the Office of the Registrar invite
applications for a full-time Transfer Specialist position.
The Registrar's Office team values collaboration and prioritizes
the student experience. We build relationships across campus to
support student-centered approaches to higher education, creating
the best possible student experience within policy parameters. The
Transfer Specialist determines transfer credit for accepted,
pre-accepted, and enrolled College for Adults ( CFA ) bachelor's
degree seeking students by conducting evaluations of students'
previous post-secondary work. Since the position supervises
students, there is the opportunity to build leadership skills.
- Ensure that transfer work is evaluated consistently and
accurately throughout the University and processed in a manner
consistent with Degree Works.
- Utilize attention to detail, critical thinking and policy
interpretation skills to complete transfer course evaluations.
- Provide prompt and accurate services to students who are
diverse in terms of age, race, religion and abilities.
- Fully understand, implement and explain academic and
administrative policies to students, parents, faculty and staff in
a way that is patient and respectful of people's backgrounds and
- Communicate effectively with program directors, department
chairs and division chairs to determine appropriate equivalency
- Oversee a document digitization project, including training and
managing student employees processing the digitization of all
current student files.
- Ensure document retention standards are met and kept
- Manage course setup, student record setup, registration, and
grading for St. Kate's and St. Thomas students who cross-register
between the two institutions.
- Enter transfer work for enrolled baccalaureate and graduate
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a
comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation's
largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs
for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional
education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry
and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St.
Catherine enrolls students in certificate, associate,
baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs in traditional day
and evening/weekend/online formats.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- One year of full-time experience in a registrar's office or
other related department within higher education.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse student, staff
and faculty population.
- Experience entering data, word processing, sending and
organizing email Preferred Qualifications Preferred
- Banner (student information system) experience. We seek
creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate
that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and
cultural fluency. Consistent with the university's commitment to
women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to
candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and
service. EEO Statement St. Catherine University is an equal
opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the
central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to "love
of neighbor without distinction" and provides a learning and
working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our
members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity,
nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had
less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply.
Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-690-6565. Application instructions for STAFF
Visit St. Kate Careers to apply. Three references and successful
completion of a background check will be required for
Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close proximity
to each other, including residence and dining halls, classrooms,
and gatherings, the University has determined that a vaccination
requirement is the best way to keep our community safe and prevent
potential outbreaks as we return to more regular, in-person
operations. St. Catherine University is requiring all students,
faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall semester and
beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to complete their
COVID -19 vaccination series, including a booster, unless the
University approves a medical or religious accommodation or other
accommodation/exemption as required by applicable law. New
employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for
an exemption/accommodation before beginning work. For more
information, visit stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine .
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is
committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse
faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more
information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper
Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org. Posting Number
20220354-STAFF Posting Start Date 09/19/2022 Application Deadline
10/02/2022 Posting Specific Questions Required fields are indicated
with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * St. Kate's is committed to making Inclusive Excellence a
reality and has identified "Drive a Culture of Inclusive
Excellence" as one of six priorities in the strategic plan. Give a
specific example of how you have promoted a culture that values
diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or recent role(s).
-(Open Ended Question)
- * Given the way campus life inherently puts people in close
proximity to each other, including residence and dining halls,
classrooms, and gatherings, the University has determined that a
vaccination requirement is the best way to keep our community safe
and prevent potential outbreaks as we return to more regular,
in-person operations.St. Catherine University is requiring all
students, faculty (including adjuncts contracted for the fall
semester and beyond), staff, and residents age 12 and older to
complete their COVID-19 vaccination series, including booster,
unless the University approves a medical or religious accommodation
or other accommodation / exemption as required by applicable
law.New employees must submit vaccination and booster documentation
or be approved for an exemption/accommodation before beginning
work. For more information, visit
stkate.edu/coronavirus-info/vaccine. -We include this information
to ensure that candidates are aware of and acknowledge
understanding of the new requirement.
- I have read and understand the requirement.
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United
States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware that St. Catherine
University is only able to consider candidates who are authorized
to work in the United States. -
- * St. Catherine University welcomes applications from
candidates who are traditionally under-represented. We are happy to
consider candidates who are currently in possession of a temporary
work visa, however, please be aware that we do not offer employment
visa sponsorship. Will you now or in the future require an employer
to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S.
(e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with
or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Other Required Documents
- Resume Optional Documents
- Cover Letter 2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
Keywords: St. Catherine University, St. Paul , Transfer Specialist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!