Emergency Response Coordinator (1177)
Company: Bay West LLC
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 23, 2022
If you care about the environment and want to do work that
improves our planet, consider joining our team as an Emergency
Response Technician. For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West)
has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions
nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar safety programs and
records. We're a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees
in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering,
Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of
Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.Our ER
COORDINATOR will provide direct field supervisory support for high
risk / low frequency projects, and well as provide technical,
logistical, and administrative support for follow-up activities
such as excavations, longer term monitoring / sampling, disposal,
and reporting for the Emergency Response Program. Emergency project
include response activities involving hazardous and non-hazardous
materials releases to air, soil, surface, and groundwater.Bay West
Benefits Package Including:
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance,
short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision
coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and
accident coverage, dependent care and healthcare flexible spending
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your
expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.In exchange
for your high performance and team participation, Bay West offers
long term growth potential, continued training, a competitive
hourly rate to include overtime, a solid medical and dental plan,
401K, paid vacation, holiday and sick time, annual merit increases
and a bonus potential. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively supervise and manage team members and develop
operational work plans for emergency response projects on a regular
- Assist the ER Program Manager with ER project initiation and
coordination during daytime hours (8am - 5pm).
- Coordinate staff, equipment, and / or sub-contractors to
complete follow-up mitigation and assessments, such as excavations,
sampling, report, etc., from emergency releases of hazardous /
- Prepare and/or review project documentation including Incident
Action Plans (IAP), daily logs, field sketches, reports, bidding
specifications, and other correspondence using technical writing
and analysis skills.
- Collaboratively work and coordinate with other staff to problem
solve and produce high quality creative solutions for our
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers,
both orally and in writing, in a courteous and professional manner
of observed or perceived health, safety or other work environment
conditions so that customers understand the message and can
- Actively participate on an after-hour On-Call Emergency
Response (ER) team - approximately one week every six to eight
- Effectively coordinate waste disposal activities with internal
and external customers so that waste is disposed of in a manner
which complies with state and federal laws.
- Assist with preparing regular updates that summarize ER
projects for internal distribution.
- Assist with training and preparedness activities to ensure Bay
West staff can response in a safe and effective manner.
- Communicate directly with the ER Program Manager on ways to
improve ER equipment, techniques, operations, and functions so that
Bay West continues to perform ER services successfully. ESSENTIAL
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, geology,
environmental science, biology, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in environmental
consulting, one year or more experience responding to and cleaning
up releases of hazardous and non-hazardous materials to the
environment with increasing project management
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental
regulations and guidance along with other environmental assessment
field data collection methods and procedures.
- Effective and demonstrable technical writing and data
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current refreshers.
- Possess a valid state driver's license, ability to meet MNDOT
medical qualification and ability to drive a vehicle while towing a
trailer. PHYSICAL & INTELLECTUAL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize,
manage multiple projects supply a quality deliverable that exceeds
customer expectations in a fast-paced collaborative
- Ability to foster friendly, positive, productive and team
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions, and to deal with and respond to changing
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (both
written and verbal).
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as
- Ability to function in work environments that can sometimes
include high heat; high humidity; extreme cold; roadway traffic
hazards; on water (boat operations) and confined spaces.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. over an 8-hour period
and engage in strenuous daily activities of a repetitive
- Willingness to adhere to use of PPE including semi-frequent
work donning a respirator; infrequent work requiring supplied air,
self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and fully encapsulated
- Ability to work in non-hazardous and hazardous work
environments including contaminated air soil, dust, fumes, smoke
and other toxins.
- Ability to operate ER equipment with basic efficiency including
truck and trailer combination (under 26,000lbs), skid loader;
excavator; watercraft; forklift; vacuum truck, air monitoring
meters, pumps; etc. Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that
recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA
Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity employer. PI192177650
Keywords: Bay West LLC, St. Paul , Emergency Response Coordinator (1177), Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!