Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting
services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions
through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting;
Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences;
Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Substation Designer/Drafter will provide technical drafting and
design support for power delivery projects consisting of substation
electrical and physical (electromechanical) drawings. This role
requires the ability to support multiple projects. Additionally,
this role requires excellent written and interpersonal
communication skills and the ability to work
independently.Responsibilities:The Substation Designer/Drafter will
be responsible for:
Create sketches, layouts, plans, schematics, wiring, and drawings
for substation projects.
- Work with vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and
- Utilize AutoCAD Inventor, Substation Design Suite, Bentley
Substation, and Solidworks to develop 3D models of substation
- Develop, modify and review drawings according to client and/or
company drafting standards.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to
submitting for engineering review.
- Inputs data into pre-written computer program.
- Operates computer and runs reports or calculations.
- Designs portions of a project under supervision.
- Researches, specifies, and recommends commercially available
- Prepare the drawings of designs he or she has originated.
- Performs technical analysis under supervision.
- Attends in-house seminars and educational opportunities outside
of the offices.
- Review existing drawings on the computer for design and CAD
applications to determine existing equipment.
- Review shop drawings under supervision.
- Organize and maintain project files
- Maintain neat and organized work area which allows efficient
access to information required by other team members.
- Assist with facility surveys.
- Participate in technical and professional
- The minimum educational qualifications are 2 years of technical
school education with CAD and structural drafting / design or
equivalent or Associate's Degree in Architectural or Engineering
Design Technologies.Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of the latest
versions of AutoCAD and/or Micro Station is required.
- Experience with 3D modeling packages is preferred.
- Entry level to (10) ten years of experience.
- Direct design and drafting work in the power delivery field
involving electrical substations is strongly preferred.NV5 offers a
competitive compensation and benefits package including medical,
dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, St. Paul , Substation Drafter/Designer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!