IT Service Desk Specialist
Company: Public Consulting Group
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewPublic Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public
sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that
partners with health, education, and human services agencies to
improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston,
Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50
offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five
designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50
states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice
in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice
areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve
their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit
www.publicconsultinggroup.com .ResponsibilitiesThe Service Desk
Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end
users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving,
prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help
requests. Incident resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and
help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual
give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Field incoming help requests from end users via a variety of
intakes (phone, walkup, email, etc)
- Document all pertinent end user identification information,
including name, department, contact information, and nature of
request or incident.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk
- Prioritize and schedule incidents. Escalate incidents (when
required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the Incidents and requests in the
ticketing tool. Ensure all successful and unsuccessful decisions
made, and actions taken, through to final resolution have been
captured in the ticket.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and
frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and
supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including
installing and upgrading software, installing hardware,
implementing file backups, and configuring systems and
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and
cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to
prevent future problems.
- Identify and escalate critical incidents
- Participate in a afterhours on-call rotationQualifications
- 1+ Years Experience with desktop and server operating systems,
including Windows XP & Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008.
- 1+ Years supporting Microsoft AD.
- 1+Years supporting Office 2010 & Office 2013 & O365.
- Familiarity with Exchange online.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain fax machines, printers, scanners and other networked
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple models of mobile devices.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on
rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Experience supporting VOIP telecom devices.
- Basic knowledge of switches and network devices.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment.Required Experience
- 1+ years of related work experience.#LI-AH1#D-PCG#LI-remoteEEO
StatementPublic Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a
culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our
employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring
each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of
employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff,
company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational
programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and
individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic
origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical,
mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil
union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we
can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including
health, education, technology and human services industries,
work.> Job Locations US-TX-Austin - USPosted Date 1 month ago
(6/27/2022 12:08 PM)Job ID 2022-7953# of Openings 3Category
Information TechnologyType Regular Full-TimePractice Area Corporate
ITSPublic Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, St. Paul , IT Service Desk Specialist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!