Inside Sales Representative - Bilingual Mandarin/ Cantonese
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company: US0103 Sysco Asian Foods, Inc.Zip Code:55117Minimum
Level of Education:High School or EquivalentEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: 0 General Summary : This is a Sales &
Marketing position responsible for focusing on account penetration
opportunity sales from a local OpCo facility (with minimal travel),
performing sales activities for the purpose of achieving sales and
profit objectives assigned, ensuring the highest level of customer
satisfaction through customer service activities, and overseeing
collection activities. This position often requires working
non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to
successfully meet customers' needs.An individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to maintain or improve relationship between customer
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive
penetration of existing accounts.
- Strong telephone communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Some knowledge of salesmanship techniques; marketing principles
and product lines sold by Sysco; necessary inter-department
communications related to certain sales, credit, and customer
service activities; Sysco credit terms and general finance
terminology/concepts; book-keeping activities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
clients, managers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American
money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations. Essential Duties : (essential
functions are in bold)
- Performs sales activities for assigned customer base and
provides customer support from local OpCo facility.
- Conducts outbound calls to external customer base.
- Responsible for penetrating and growing market share of
- Responsible for increasing customer retention.
- Sells, via the phone and other media, all major product
categories through the presentation of new products, services,
ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established
sales and profit objectives.
- When necessary, performs merchandising research of product
discounts, product services information, special offers and/or
- Maintains, product information and prices, merchandising
materials, call lists and lead lists to enhance sales activities
through planning activities based on accurate and precise
- Completes and up-dates all applicable sales forms and call
reports to ensure a complete and timely flow of sales
- When possible, sells excess and/or obsolete inventory items, as
identified, through special customer contacts and sales techniques
in an effort to reduce product waste and unsatisfactorily high
- Works with Sysco specialists, manufacturing representatives and
brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information
on products or services.
- Attends and participates in informational seminars, learning
based meetings and other sessions in an effort to advance
individual knowledge of sales techniques, product specifications
and department functions.
- Attends all department sales meetings, as scheduled and
participates in other activities as requested. Reports on industry
and market competition as requested and assists with reviewing
- Promotes positive working relationships with all internal and
- Drives personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions,
company meetings, etc.
- Provides reports, programs, and campaigns that support the
- Performs related duties as assigned. Basic Requirements :
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English and one of the following languages; Mandarin,
Cantonese, Vietnamese, or Hindi. Preferred Requirements :
- 1 -2 years in a customer service level or foodservice
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record
(including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs
within the last 7 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of
liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each
accident; property damage - $100,000 is required Competencies :To
be successful in this position, the individual performing the
duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development
opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs;
Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests
for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work
Environment The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The work environment is moderately loud. EEO EmployerBENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, St. Paul , Inside Sales Representative - Bilingual Mandarin/ Cantonese, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!