Patient Services Lead
Company: Minnesota Urology P.A.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY: This Patient Services Lead position is
responsible for monitoring one or more of the following areas:
Medical Call Center (Appointment Scheduling & Referrals). In
addition, I will be responsible for scheduling appointments and
checking in/outpatients. This lead position may work closely with
the clinical services lead and assist the Patient Services
Supervisor in coordinating day-to-day activities and department
staff. The Lead will act as a liaison between staff, Supervisor,
and department manager to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up
action. The Patient Services Lead also interacts with patients and
medical providers to ensure efficient and effective care delivery;
directs Patient Services activities as needed; and coordinates
training that provides optimum patient flow while using a
systematic problem-solving approach to assist with and make
appropriate assignments and adjustments, regular shadowing of
various Patient Services positions is needed to understand the
workload and clinic flow.The position is in Woodbury, Minnesota.
May require travel to other locations as needed. JOB
- Serves as a role model for teamwork and promotes positive
attitudes among team members.
- Leads Patient Services Staff in one or more of the areas of
Appointment Scheduling, Surgery Scheduling, the Hub, Medical
Records, and Front Desk/Check-Out positions.
- Provides coverage of all positions within the Patient Services
Department, assists with phone queues and face-to-face scheduling
communicates any issues to the Supervisor.
- Initiates daily rounding with Patient Services Staff to ensure
appropriate coverage and breaks. Coordinates schedules with the
other clinic supervisors to provide coverage at various
- Assists with equipment and supply ordering, tracking, repairs,
and makes recommendations for purchases.
- Assists the Clinic Supervisor with orientation and training of
- Coordinates continuous training and development of Patient
Services Staff to meet departmental goals as well as the strategic
goals of the company.
- Works with staff to improve skills and abilities and encourage
professional growth, including re-training as necessary.
- Ensures that the MNU mission, vision, and values are integrated
into all patient care interactions.
- Acts as a resource to the patient services team regarding
- Assists in schedule development, delegating duties when others
are out of the office, and providing adequate coverage for optimum
- Monitor phone queues to ensure staff is signed in and available
for calls. Ensure calls are answered in a timely manner. Serves as
backup, taking calls to alleviate long hold times. Listens to calls
to provide training opportunities.
- Performs random audit of charts of Patient Services staff
(Appointment Schedulers, Surgery Schedulers, Front desk) to ensure
accuracy in scheduling and sharing results with Supervisor. Provide
re-training to staff as needed.
- Assists with the annual review process by providing feedback
- Assists in planning/leading staff meetings and participates on
committees as required.
- Communicates and manages provider preferences.
- Effectively communicates via phone and in-person in a
courteous, prompt, and polite manner and documents all necessary
- Completes other related duties as assigned.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Knowledgeable in clinic operations and detailed day-to-day
operations of the Patient Services Department in Appointment
Scheduling, Surgery Scheduling, the Hub, Medical Records, and Front
- Ability to work with physicians and providers about staff,
clinic, or scheduling concerns. Serve as a liaison as needed
between providers, staff, and outside contacts.
- Represent Minnesota Urology professionally related to
appearance, communication, and the maintenance of patient,
physician, and staff confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work efficiently with
direct Supervisor, manager, administration, physicians, patients,
- Ability to analyze department work methods to organize work
effectively, make improvements, and correct problems as needed.
- Ability to lead staff, supporting Minnesota Urology policies
and procedures. Communicate concerns to Supervisor and manager;
seek assistance and direction as needed.
- Supportive of the goals and objectives of Minnesota Urology.
- Attendance and punctuality are required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Completion of an associate degree program or equivalent medical
experience of 2 years. Working knowledge of a medical office,
particularly in areas of scheduling and front desk. Previous
leadership/supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Medical Practice Management System
is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
is required.EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Computer keyboard and monitor, writing utensils, telephone, copy
machine, fax machine. Reliable transportation is required for
travel to Minnesota Urology Locations.TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires mobility to move about the clinic and staff work areas.
Working in an office environment. Some bending and stretching are
required-the ability to lift five to ten pounds regularly. Working
in a fast-paced environment and telephone use required. Manual
dexterity is required for the use of a computer keyboard.TYPICAL
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Contact with
physicians, staff, patients, and various outside contacts.Minnesota
Urology P.A. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Minnesota Urology P.A., St. Paul , Patient Services Lead, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!