Claims Specialist (Workers' Comp)
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 2, 2022
The WC Claims Specialist manages within company best practices
lower-level, non-complex and non-problematic workers' compensation
claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome,
under the direct supervision of a senior claims professional,
supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel. This
position is fully remote. The candidate may be located anywhere in
the US. Experience handling claims in IL, IN, MI and KY
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work Company, is a national
provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the
workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management
industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically
traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual
investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the
most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a
stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and
plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people
working across the United States embrace our core values of
Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular
employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision,
Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical
Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit
FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Receives claims, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgment of
* Determines validity and compensability of the claim.
* Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving
* Manages non-complex and non-problematic medical only claims and
minor lost-time workers' compensation claims under close
* Communicates claim status with the customer, claimant and
* Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in
claims review as needed.
* Assists other claims professionals with more complex or
problematic claims as necessary.
* Requires regular and consistent attendance.
* Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working
hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program
* Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding
of claims practice.
* Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to
utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
* Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational
* Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related
* Minimum of 5 years of industry experience and claims management
* Experience handling claims in IL, IN, MI and KY required.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and
complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Keywords: CorVel, St. Paul , Claims Specialist (Workers' Comp), Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!