Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 23, 2022
First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next
largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services including full-service transportation
and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization
and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school
district contracts. About the Position As a Diesel Technician with
First Student, you will maintain and repair school buses to ensure
vehicles are safe for our customers, handle complex vehicle repairs
and diagnostics, and provide guidance to lower-level technicians.
Other major job duties include:
- Take the lead on preventative maintenance (PMs), safety
inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, engines, drivetrains, transmissions,
and other repairs.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
necessary.Qualifications for Diesel Technician
- Valid driver s license required.
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Strong diagnostic skills and problem-solving ability
- Mechanic s toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in
company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and
- Be subject to a drug test.First for a Reason Benefits We offer
competitive hourly pay (NOT flat rate) and benefits including
physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision,
401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $27 - $30/HR based on qualifications and experience.
- $3,000 Sign On Bonus!*
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the
Perk Spot program!Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We
believe in promoting from within which means tremendous
opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North
America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program
prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as
safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment,
and job efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion Because we re stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Community Service & Impact Go
where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart
of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit
and First Vehicle Services in your community, you ll have a
positive impact on others. Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Student! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. *Conditions apply. Offer expires 6/30/22.
Keywords: First Group, St. Paul , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!