Outside Auto Appraiser - New Hire Bonus
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$56,300.00 - $92,900.00Target Openings2What Is the
Opportunity?***Potential for signing bonus of up to $5,000***
The territory for this position is the Twin Cities and surrounding
Under direct supervision, this position has responsibility for
inspecting, estimating, negotiating, and evaluating 1st and 3rd
party auto physical damage claims, including both personal and
business insurance claims. The claim types will be basic to
moderate physical damage coverages as it relates to damage
assessment. This includes collision, comprehensive, property damage
related to autos, rental and towing as well as fire, theft, flood,
lightning, diminished value claims and any claims that involve
injuries. The actual resolution and settlement of these claims will
be the responsibility of the Auto Claim Professional. This position
also has responsibility for complete claim handling (i.e. first
notice of loss through resolution/settlement and payment process)
on claims that meet specific criteria as defined by Auto Product
guidelines. This subset of claims makes up approximately 15-20% of
the total workload volume. This position will serve as a technical
resource for inside auto claim staff and will provide advice and
direction to claim professionals on claim damages to achieve
optimal outcomes. This job does not lead others. As part of the
hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online
pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the
assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be
provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for
This position is based 100% remotely out of the Twin
Cities/Metropolitan area and may include a combination of mobile
work and/or work from your primary residence.Primary Job Duties &
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life
cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the
process, setting expectations, on-going effective communication,
and follow-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal
outcome on every file.
- Effectively manages work assignments and promptly travel to
location of vehicle / equipment. Arranges to view vehicle /
equipment if not readily accessible.
- Scopes claims utilizing technical expertise and information
gathered to accurately determine physical claim value of claims
using company recognized resources, estimating and evaluation
- Establishes the physical damage claim value of assigned
- Prepares and documents accurate vehicle / equipment damage
appraisals, Actual Cash and Replacement values according to
applicable regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Partners with the assigned Claim Professional throughout the
life of the claim. Partners from initial investigation through
final recovery to ensure appropriate claim resolution and pursuit
of alternative recovery sources (e.g. Subrogation, SIU, etc.).
- Negotiates the claim with the customer and/or repair facilities
leveraging appropriate resources and achieve agreement on value
including required payments.
- For applicable Total Loss claims, determines settlement
amounts, including applicable coverages and deductibles.
- Negotiates and conveys claim settlements within authority and
initiate payment to the customer, including total loss, rental
- Partners with the Auto Claim Professional throughout the life
of the claim. Partners from initial investigation through final
recovery to ensure appropriate claim resolution and pursuit of
alternative recovery sources (e.g. Subrogation, SIU, etc.).
- Provides all lines of business and departments, i.e. property,
Boat and Yacht, Inland Marine, Public Sector, etc. with inspection
assistance as needed, including Catastrophe response.
- Effectively manages work assignments and tracks savings and
- For claim types that meet the specific criteria as defined by
Auto Product guidelines for complete claim handling
- ( i.e. first notice of loss through the resolution/settlement
and payment process) the following duties are concurrent with those
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and apply policy conditions,
provisions, exclusions, and endorsements pertinent to a variety of
1st party auto damage claims.
- Conducts damage management including properly managing the
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense
- Develops, documents and continually updates a plan of action,
including maintaining an effective diary to manage file inventory
and bring the claim to resolution in a timely manner.
- Communicates claim damage assessment following negotiation of
value with repair facilities.
- Obtains authorization to initiate payment to the
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- This position will require participation in our Catastrophe
Response Program which could include deployment away for a minimum
of 16 days which includes 2 travel days to assist our customers in
other states.Minimum Qualifications
- High School Degree or GED with a minimum of one year auto
appraisal experience required.
- Valid Driver's LicenseEducation, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree or Technical School Degree
- Two years of auto appraisal experience preferred; prior
experience with insurance carrier preferred.
- Strong technical background including extensive knowledge of
auto repair and repair techniques, including thorough understanding
of auto terminology and construction preferred.Job Specific
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of claims appraisal systems and overall
claim operations, Windows proficiency, including Excel and
- Ability to promptly travel, with little or no advance notice,
demonstrating effective planning, expense and cost control
- Strong mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to remain current on jurisdictional laws and
regulations, and communicating compliance requirements to other
claim staff as appropriate.
- Commitment to continuous education.
- Competency Levels
- Analytical Thinking Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making Basic
- Communication Basic
- Negotiation Intermediate
- Insurance Contract Knowledge Basic
- Principles of Investigation Basic
- Value Determination Intermediate
- Settlement Techniques Intermediate
- Auto Technical IntermediateEnvironmental / Work Schedules /
- Requires extended periods of driving
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crouch and climb, to ensure full
vehicle damage assessment
- Travel Requirements: Travel OccasionallyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., St. Paul , Outside Auto Appraiser - New Hire Bonus, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!