Machinist, Horizontal Mill (Weekends F-Su)
Company: Anderson Dahlen
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Anderson Dahlen Description:
For 75 years, Anderson Dahlen has provided world-class metal
fabrication and equipment integration services to leading companies
in a wide variety of industries:
- Food Processing
- Vacuum (Applied Vacuum Division) Contract manufacturing for
OEMs, engineering support and design-build capability for custom
projects. From components to fully integrated equipment, our
uniquely effective Project Management process helps us continuously
shape bright ideas into brilliant results. ISO 9001:2015 certified;
ASME, AWS and PED compliant. Anderson Dahlen is proud to have
become part of the Gray family of companies in September 2020. Gray
Inc. is a family-owned, fully integrated service provider
specializing in engineering, design, construction, and smart
manufacturing. This acquisition provides Gray new capabilities for
stainless-steel manufacturing of key critical equipment for the
Food and Beverage industry. It also expands Anderson Dahlen's
resources to serve customers in the Food, Pharmaceutical,
Industrial, and Vacuum Technology markets. PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF
POSITION: The Machinist is responsible for maintaining Anderson
Dahlen Quality standards along with meeting our standards on all
the work center of CNC vertical/horizontal. Plans, sets up and
performs a wide range of machining operations, using various
machine tools, jigs and fixtures in the production of a wide
variety of product parts as well as tooling items. .
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Must have, good knowledge of all aspects of machining.
- Must have, ability to diagnosis problems on machining and
- Must have, ability to interpret blueprints with GD&T
- Must be able to understand multi-dimensional features.
- Must be consistent in following standard work instructions and
properly machine products as defined by standard work. (Set-up
docs, quality check sheets, CNC programs)
- Recognize problems, offer ideas using Lean Methodology tools
for continuous improvements.
- Must maintain a high level of quality of parts machined per our
- Must successfully use, any precision inspection measuring
equipment i.e. Micrometers, calipers, inside and outside gauges,
- Responsible for meeting machining standards and achieve daily
requirements. Such as (Hour x Hour, and MDI)- Manual Data Input-
- Responsible for upkeep on their machines (Autonomous
Maintenance, chip removal, tooling, etc.)
- Must have knowledge interpreting CNC programs and modify CNC
programs through change form process as needed.
- All other duties that are asked by management to be done for
the best interest of the company, its customers and its employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires an Applied Science Degree in Machine Tool
- High school education or equivalent including additional
technical training in an approved machinist program.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of machining experience.
- Knowledge of shop math skills, knows feeds and speeds and can
develop or improvise tooling.
- Ability to use a variety of machine tools, related jigs,
fixtures and attachments.
- Exercises good judgement to determine proper sequence and
set-up of complicated work.
- Ability to demonstrate good dexterity to operate controls on
lathes and other machine tools in forming and shaping parts.
- Demonstrated ability to keep close tolerances
- Ability to adjust as necessary to assure accuracy to job
specifications. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Anderson Dahlen fosters a
manufacturing type environment. Moderately heavy work requiring the
occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less. In the
performance of essential duties, the incumbent may be required to
operate a variety of industrial machining tools. BENEFITS:
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- ESOP Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Benefits
- 4 by 10 Schedule (Monday-Thursday)
- Paid Uniform Program
- Air Conditioned Work Environment All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status. At this
time, Anderson Dahlen requests no solicitation from staffing or
placement agencies regarding this position. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: Anderson Dahlen, St. Paul , Machinist, Horizontal Mill (Weekends F-Su), Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!