Pouch Machine Operator - 1st and 2nd Shift
Company: ePac Flexible Packaging
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 23, 2021
LIMITED TIME! SIGN ON BONUS OF $1,000*ePac Flexible Packaging is
a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States,
Canada, Europe, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital
printing, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and
manufacturing. ePac's mission is to provide locally-based consumer
packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands
with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly locally-based
small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating
natural and innovative products for their consumers. Since opening
our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been
clear - to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back
to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a
more sustainable, circular economy.SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Pouch
Operator sets up and operates pouch making machines that convert
laminated films into pouches that meet or exceed customer quality
specifications by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System,
Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and
practices, including Safety and hCompletes required documentation
accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds,
scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the
engineering department using a written work order.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the production
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a
continuous quality improvement environment.
- housekeeping procedures.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available)
to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures
job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated
- Keeps work area clean.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or
machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e.
burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as changing zipper
cloth, dies, seal bars and punches.
- Assists and works cooperatively with assistant machine
operators to stack, mark, pack, and transport finished boxes.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervisors.
- Perform changeovers
- Perform PMs on equipment
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for
improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Maintain production reports
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removalNON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations
including press assistant, slitting, and laminationJOB KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools,
- Be able to work safely around operating machineryEXPERIENCE AND
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of flexible packaging films a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Requires certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as
hairnets, steel-toed shoes, and facility specific uniform
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce
and encourages all employees to learn all facets of production.
This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational
functions throughout the plants.BENEFITSWe offer an excellent
benefit and compensation package that consists of the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription drug program.
- Paid vacation day and holidays
- Short term disability, long term disability and company paid
life insurance plans
- 401(k) with generous company match.
- $1,000.00 sign-on bonus, less applicable taxes, $500.00 which
will be paid on the first pay date following your 30th day of
employment with the other $500.00 to be paid on the first pay date
following your 180th day of employment with the company. Must be an
active employee at time of payout.ePac is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. EEO PosterePac 1rfKba8VboM
Keywords: ePac Flexible Packaging, St. Paul , Pouch Machine Operator - 1st and 2nd Shift, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!