Global Accounts Commercial Underwriter-Account Executive Business Center
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Company SummaryTaking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Target Openings1Job Description SummaryThe Middle Market
Business Center centrally underwrites and negotiates renewal and
new business for eligible accounts across the low to mid-sized
range of Middle Market Business Insurance. The Account Executive
(AE), Business Center will partner with agents and brokers to
provide coverage for new and/or renewal business based on
customers' needs. As an AE, you are decisive, detail-oriented, and
know how to build relationships internally and externally to drive
results. Your ability to assess risk and sell our products will
contribute to the profitability and success of Travelers.Travelers
offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support
flexibility.Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned
book of business.
- Underwrite and skillfully negotiate customer accounts to
minimize risk and maximize profitability.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners
within the business unit and across the enterprise to support
market penetration objectives and identify cross-selling
- Foster relationships with external partners by delivering
seamless underwriting experiences and solutions.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using
consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Support the execution of agency, region, and group sales
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- 2 years of underwriting experience.Education, Work Experience,
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three to five years of relevant underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of Business Insurance products, the regulatory
environment, and the local insurance market.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to proactively
identify underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and
analyze available information to make timely decisions in alignment
with our risk appetite.
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully negotiate
with agents and brokers.Licensing or Certificates
- CPCU designation.Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel OccasionallyEmployment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email so we may assist you.Travelers reserves the right to fill
this position at a level above or below the level included in this
posting.To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., St. Paul , Global Accounts Commercial Underwriter-Account Executive Business Center, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!