Company: Minnesota Department of Transportation
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 18, 2021
St. Paul, Minnesota (MN)Employer: Minnesota Department of
TransportationJob Ref: CO ML 50530Job Type: Full TimeLocationCity:
St. PaulState: Minnesota (MN)Zip Code: 55155DescriptionPilotUp to
$98,428 AnnuallySt. Paul, MNAre you a pilot who is looing for a
better work/life balance?At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of
variety but also stability allowing you freedom to prioritize your
family life. This position works Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm;
however, on occasion when flying your hours will vary and may be
irregular. Overnight travel will occur for specific simulator
training events and/or if customer's travel requires an overnight
stay, and travel to and from Canada will occur on occasions.In this
position you will provide pilot services for the Air Transportation
Section which transports elected officials, department
commissioners, deputy commissioners, managers, state employees, and
others on state business. To assure that passenger services are
conducted with responsibility and accountability, including the
highest degree of flight safety, efficiency, convenience, and
professionalism. Represent the Office of Aeronautics at safety
seminars, conferences, airport inspections, commercial operator
licensing, and aerospace education events. This position also
offers a lot of variety. One day you may be inspecting an airport
or heliport and the next making a presentation to pilots or airport
operators. MnDOT provides job security and the opportunity to be
involved!WHY WORK FOR USWe offer excellent employee benefits, such
as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent
coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Defined pension plan
- Vision insurance available
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Paid parental leave available
- Training opportunities
- And more!MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSLEGAL LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Airline Transport Pilot with Multi-Engine Land Rating (OR ATP
with Single-Engine Rating AND Commercial Pilot Certificate, Multi-
engine, Land with Instrument Rating).
- FCC Radio-Telephone license.
- 1st Class Medical.
- Knowledge and application of FAA rules and regulations to
consult on safety and licensure issues at seminars or at inspection
meetings with airports.
- Communication skills sufficient to present at safety seminars,
conferences or events on aircraft safety, licensure and other FAA
aircraft related items.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions such as
supervising refueling, pre-flighting, removal of snow/ice from the
aircraft, checking on airport equipment, etc.
- Ability to lift/load/unload baggage, deicing bottle (30lbs).
- Passport eligible, to travel to and from Canada.The following
- Total flight time: 2000 hours
- Pilot in Command (PIC) time: 1500 hours
- Multi-engine: 500 hours
- Instrument (actual): 100 hours
- Night: 100 hoursAPPLY ONLINE BY 11/29/2021:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click "External Applicants".
- On the Job Search Page in the Keywords section enter "50530"
and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please select: Other -
MN Jobs.Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be
considered.ref: (CO ML 50530)
Keywords: Minnesota Department of Transportation, St. Paul , Pilot, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!