Integration System Architect
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: October 4, 2021
At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our
brands – including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
A System Architect is a
high-visibility position that is a member of the System
Architecture team reporting to the Chief Architect. The System
Architecture team is responsible for leading the technology and
architecture initiatives for Trane Commercial Controls. A System
Architect is ultimately responsible for developing architecture,
and applying technology, in a way that benefits both the customers
and the business.
The person in the role of Integration
System Architect will provide thought leadership, influence, and
hands-on engagement to develop, direct, and implement an effective
architecture strategy related to Cloud/IoT integration in three
areas: 1) Internal integrations with our IT systems, and 2)
External integrations with business partners, and 3) External
integrations with customer’s Cloud/IoT system.
- As a member of the System Architecture team, work to develop
the system architecture, technology road maps, and the high-level
requirements, processes, and tools that guide the development
- Develop relationships with internal (IT) and external (Business
Partners) for develop strategies and road maps for technology
- Collaborate with Product Managers and/or Product Owners on
high-level architecture, requirements, and technology plans.
- Collaborate with the Systems Engineering team to ensure that
all finished products function together in a high-functioning
- Collaborate with the Cybersecurity team to ensure that
Cybersecurity policies and practices are supported by the
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Software
Engineering (or equivalent technical experience).
- 10 years minimum experience in Engineering roles focused on
product development, including at least 5 years of previous
experience with Architecture, Design, or Systems Engineering in the
context of Cloud/IoT technologies.
- Certification as a Cloud Architect in either AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience with multiple product development methods (e.g.
stage gate, iterative, spiral, waterfall, or Agile).
- Systems Thinking: Knowledge of System Architecture, Systems of
Systems, and Systems Engineering processes and techniques. Can
define the system architecture, interfaces, and associated derived
requirements to describe high-level architecture.
- Technical Leadership: Demonstrated technical leadership ability
including motivating teams, resolving conflict, negotiation,
coaching & mentoring, building strong working relationships,
developing trust, and fostering confidence in teams.
- Communication: Has excellent communications skills that include
ability to appropriately message up, out, and down, the
- Organization: Demonstrated understanding of the relationship of
System Architecture to the organizational structure.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work in a team
environment, collaborate with teams in multiple locations, and
align teams with competing priorities.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated ability to align technology to
business goals, strategic outcomes, and financial
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, St. Paul , Integration System Architect, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!