Company: American Red Cross
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 7, 2021
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference?
Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an
impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?
If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a
Distribution Technician for the American Red Cross!
Distribution Technicians perform inventory management in a
highly regulated environment—from providing customer service to
organizations ordering blood product through shipment of finished
goods to area hospitals. Successful Distribution Technicians will
have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the
ability to treat both internal and external customers with
compassion at all times.
Hospital Services Distribution Technician – Job
- Store and distribute blood products/samples according to
applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies and
procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and
distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize
workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on
equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet
quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- May make hospital deliveries.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays, to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Drive for results and serve others with a high level of
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your
co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Distribution
Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are
not an exhaustive list.
Distribution Technician – Job
- High School diploma or equivalent required along with two year
experience in a regulatory, distribution or manufacturing
environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Position may require a valid driver's license
- Experience in a regulatory, laboratory or manufacturing setting
- Staff performing irradiation tasks may be subject to enhanced
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with
the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization
offering its employee's professional development and growth
opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a
collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this
position, please visitwww.redcross.org/jobs to
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
Keywords: American Red Cross, St. Paul , Distribution Technician, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!