Manufacturing Medical Technologist
Company: American Red Cross
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference?
Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an
impact in your community, across the country, and around the world?
If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a
Manufacturing Technologist II for the American Red Cross!
Manufacturing Technologist II perform advanced manufacturing,
processing, and test procedures. Interpret test results. Comply
with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use
applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to
potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Manufacturing
Technologist II also interpret test results before releasing blood
to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in highly regulated
environment. Successful Manufacturing Technologist II will have a
strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the
ability to treat both internal and external customers with
compassion at all times.
Manufacturing Technologist II -
- Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor
specimens, and blood products. Repeat tests where appropriate.
- Perform, review, and approve quality control on products,
reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Maintain the required
records and files.
- Know and ensure compliance with applicable ARCBS directives,
Federal and state regulations, and local policies and procedures
pertaining to blood banking and safety. Adhere to quality assurance
procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- May assume supervisory functions for QC processes.
- Perform low - high complexity manufacturing procedures.
- Assist laboratory and regional staff in troubleshooting and
- Participate in the validation of hardware, software,
instrumentation, test kits, and procedures as directed. Assist with
the maintenance, repair, and validation of laboratory
- Perform additional reviews of regulated documents, logs and
forms as directed.
- Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records.
- May be a project lead.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your
co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Manufacturing
Technologist II position describe the general nature and level of
work and are not an exhaustive liSaint
- Bachelor's degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent
certifications plus satisfactory performance as a Laboratory
Technologist I, or Bachelor's degree in science plus three years'
experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing
environment required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with
the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization
offering its employee's professional development and growth
opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a
collaborative team spirit environment.
Keywords: American Red Cross, St. Paul , Manufacturing Medical Technologist, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!