Senior Professional Engineer - Civil
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our employee-owned and multi-disciplined team of engineering and
design professionals is looking for a Senior Professional Civil
Engineer who has extensive experience designing and managing a
variety of site design projects within the manufacturing /
industrial, private development, renewable energy, education, and
municipal / government sectors. As a member of our team, you will
work alongside other Civil, Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical,
and Structural professionals to provide civil design and management
of multi-discipline projects.
In this position, you will be responsible for preliminary and
final site design and project management for both public and
private projects, including industrial, commercial development,
utility infrastructure and facility design, stormwater management
systems, and corporate and academic campus design. You will have
the opportunity to become a mentor by sharing your knowledge and
professional experiences to further develop less experienced team
members who will work alongside of you. In addition, you will lead
multi-disciplined teams of engineering and design professionals and
be responsible for all technical, quality, financial, and safety
aspects from conception through construction. Furthermore, under
our "Seller-Doer" approach to business development, you will
collaborate with the Civil Group Manager, Market Managers, and the
Vice President of Facilities Engineering to further advance our
services and enhance our reputation by contributing to the
development of marketing plans, cultivating / maintaining relations
with clients and agency representatives, tracking prospective
opportunities, developing proposals, and delivering client
For this opportunity we are seeking an experienced professional
who resides within 100 miles of Saint Paul, MN and who has the
ability to travel as requested. Remote accommodations will be
strongly considered for self-starter and self-sufficient
professionals who have demonstrated their ability to work
successfully in a remote work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota.
- Minimum of twelve years of progressive technical design
experience with site development projects including site layouts,
roadway design, vehicular and/or pedestrian access, site grading,
pollution control, and stormwater management.
- Minimum of five years of progressive and successful experience
managing multi-disciplined projects; strong working knowledge of
the project development process including coordination with other
disciplines during design and construction.
- Minimum of two years of business development experience
demonstrated by a track record of securing new project
- Ability to apply effective written and verbal communication and
presentation skills when developing proposals, negotiating project
contracts, preparing technical reports, leading project team
meetings, and delivering client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and develop less
experienced professionals with an emphasis on technical design
standards, quality control, and/or project management
- Provide and lead Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QAQC)
reviews for civil projects.
- Previous experience cross-selling multi-disciplined consulting
services and contributing to the creation of annual business/market
- Experience working with regulatory agencies, and knowledge of
the permit application process with FEMA, DOT, DNR, and state /
local government entities.
- Experience and understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D used to
develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Flexibility for limited overnight travel to conduct on-site
consultations, participate in project meetings, or attend business
development and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving
- Professional registration in additional states with a
preference of Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and Iowa.
- Prior management and site design experience for private
commercial / industrial developers.
- Prior management and site design experience for renewable
energy (solar and/or wind) infrastructure and facilities.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work in a challenging
and highly-collaborative environment where your talents and ideas
will be recognized and rewarded, then apply on-line today to join
Keywords: TKDA, St. Paul , Senior Professional Engineer - Civil, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!