Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for facility operations and management to include
marketing and originating grain, building positive relations with
local producers, merchandising local truck markets and overseeing
facility operations and accounting functions. The key objective of
this position is to safely and profitably manage a facility, while
executing origination strategies and coordinating logistics in
support of the company strategy.
- Implements and executes marketing and origination plan within
area in line with Gavilon's overall origination strategy to include
origination history, forecasting and goal setting.
- Responsible for implementing, developing and evaluating
appropriate skills within the origination process to ensure needs
and positioning of appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of grain origination products
- Assists producers in diversifying price risk through Gavilon
products and services.
- Responsible for the overall origination performance of assigned
- Regularly attends and participates in internal grain/economic
- Identifies, evaluates, leverages and grows the origination and
local truck market business internally and externally through
market share, customer base and volume.
- Partners with product line leads/gateway leads to ensure proper
execution of North American Grain trading strategy.
- Optimizes internal and local external contacts to predict
business requirements and to develop new opportunities by creating
alliances in new local area truck markets.
- Provides effective training, development and retention of
employees to include training on marketing and origination products
- Partner with local and regional operations team to ensure all
operational standards are met.
- Works with designated safety team to ensure compliance with all
Federal, State and local regulations regarding occupational health
- Motivates the team to improve quality, safety and cost
- Daily activities include logistics management of commodity
contracts, customer/supplier communications for the purpose of
purchasing of the specific commodity, local market analysis
activity, and accounts receivable management.
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Finance, Ag
Business, Ag Economics or Economics is preferred.
- Experience with P&L management.
- 3-5 years of experience is preferred.
- Aggressive, self-motivated and able to work under
- Excellent communications, computer and public relations
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects.
Keywords: Gavilon, St. Paul , Location Manager, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!