National Grocery Sales Director
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DeLallo is seeking a National Grocery Sales Director with
experience specific to the food CPG grocery industry. The role of
this individual is to manage, motivate and educate the current and
future sales team on the company, its product offerings and
strategy. The National Grocery Sales Director will collectively
create an annual national sales plan with management and execute it
with their team to meet pre-determined goals. DeLallo is an
innovative food company that inspires both consumers and retailers
with their products and programs. A candidate for this position
must be well-organized and goal-driven with the willingness to
mentor their team to achieve success!
- Partake in the creation of and have responsibility for the
execution of an annual sales plan.
- Mentor, manage, evaluate and grow the current national grocery
- Manage, evaluate and assess broker partners.
- Manage, evaluate and assess direct retailer, wholesaler and
specialty distributor supply programs and day-to-day business.
- Evaluate customer performance on a weekly, quarterly and annual
- Interpret and present direct customer, regional and national
- Implement and evaluate marketing and promotional spend programs
on an account and regional basis.
- Create and present new business programs to management and
- Collaborate with sales support team to include order entry,
sales analysts and sales administration to achieve and surpass
- Work with peers in all company departments to achieve daily
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree is
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in the management of a food CPG
grocery sales team.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office suites to include Excel,
Power Point and Word.
- Experience in evaluating scan data (IRI, Nielson, SPINS) and
translating it to presentations.
- Experience in food CPG broker management to include instituting
store-level and corporate programs.
- Proficiency in promotional and marketing trade spend
management, budgeting and analysis.
- Experience in both direct sales to supermarket retailers and
wholesale/special distributor grocery programs.
- Proficiency in virtual presentations to include Zoom, Microsoft
Teams and other web-based conferencing.
- Ability to travel by car and/or air to multiple markets on a
- Ability to travel to corporate headquarters frequently.
- Valid driver's license without restrictions and proof of
current vehicle insurance.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills to
effectively motivate a sales team and present the company and its
products to customers.
- Be a goal-driven individual who loves to win!
What We Offer
- Full Time position
- Paid vacation or pay in lieu of vacation time; if desired
- Company-issued phone or allowance
- Company apparel
- Verizon Discount
- 25% off DeLallo.com
- Mileage reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available
- Opportunity for accident, hospital, cancer, critical care,
short-term disability, term life and whole life coverage
- 401K with company-match
- Growth opportunities for those interested in advancing their
career with DeLallo
The George DeLallo Company was founded with the ideals of
offering true authentic Italian foods with unmatched quality and
consistency. The company has maintained a constant presence in the
Specialty Food industry for over 60-years and is dedicated to
offering the highest quality products on the market today as well
as exceptional service. Whether it is found on traditional Italian
grocery items such as olive oil, pasta, vinegar, tomatoes, or on
our complete line of cured olives and antipasti, the DeLallo label
guarantees consumers authenticity, quality, and consistency.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: DeLallo, St. Paul , National Grocery Sales Director, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!