Company: Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 12, 2021
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus
Goodwill-Easter Seals MN is hiring for a District Manager! This
role is responsible for directing the management and operations of
multiple retail stores within an assigned district; ensuring stores
are running efficiently and meeting their financial expectations;
managing each store's General Manager and is responsible for their
professional development and performance management of the results
they are accountable to achieving. Territory: Southern Metro.
- Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that
provides job training and career navigation services to eliminate
barriers to work and independence.
- Revenue from 50 retail locations, along with other
contributions, supports our programs throughout MN.
- We divert over 65M pounds from landfills annually and place 4
people in the workplace every day!
- Read more about us here!
A day in the life: In a typical day, an District Manager can
- Operational Excellence: Foster cooperation among all business
segments to deliver a high standard of quality service.
- Talent Management: Ensure store talent is trained and developed
and manages store personnel needs.
- Services & Programs: Ensure continued community involvement and
education around Goodwill-Easter Seals.
- Performance Standards: Produce quality results by applying
efficient best practices.
- Leadership: Promote a high quality of work and personal
proficiency through effective and innovative leadership.
- Safety & Asset Protection: Ensure safety and protection of
employees, assets and facilities.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to navigate and influence cross-functionally with
support teams and business partners
- Strong independent work skills, personal organization, and
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written - Fast and
efficient with modern communication vehicles (email/text)
- Hands on approach to training, coaching and inspection
- Ability to pull a team together cohesively and leverage the
unique skills and talents of each individual to perform better
- Ability to adapt and lead within an ever-changing environment
and ability to help progress employees through such changes
- Performance management - Ability to analyze data, observe
behaviors, solicit feedback, and in turn, identify practices and
behaviors necessary for improvement in business results
- Talent management - Ability to source, identify, and develop
quality talent for replacement and bench-strength based upon their
background and tenure
- Organizational agility - Ability to understand and navigate
various field and office support mechanisms
- Proven history of utilizing POS, scheduling software,
spreadsheets, onboarding software, HRIS, payroll
- History of, or comfort with, working in an environment where
team members utilize heavy equipment and perform extensive manual
- Basic weekly expectations - Daily vehicle travel, occasional
overnights, multi-tasking administrative work (meeting scheduling,
conference calls, etc.), occasional weekends, 24-hour accessibility
(available for any issues that may arise after-hours)
- Proven ability to drive sales
- Strong conflict management skills
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Budgeting and cost analysis procedure expertise
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service and to
lead a staff that does the same
- Must have a valid Driver's License
Prior Experience & Education:
- Multi-Unit management: 1+ year minimum, 3+ years
- Retail experience preferred.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in a related field or equivalent
experience as noted below:
- With a bachelor's or associate degree: Minimum of five years
recent retail experience as a
store manager with high-volume/traffic retail store; prefer 1-3+
years of multi-unit
- Without a degree: Minimum of eight years of recent experience
as a store manager with high volume/
traffic retail store; prefer 1-3+ years of multi-unit
GESMN retail locations have COVID-19 safety protocols to help
employees feel safe and secure. This includes (but is not limited
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) provided to employees,
including gloves, masks, and eyewear.
- 6-foot distancing standards and signage in place for employees
- Plexiglass dividers at every cash register.
- Contactless donations drop-off process for no contact with
- Daily health checks to prevent transmission.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota (GESMN) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. GESMN will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a
person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,
marital status, disability, status with regard to public
assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial
status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity,
citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military
status, or any other protected class.
Keywords: Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota, St. Paul , District Manager, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!