3rd Shift Nightwatch Custodian
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Support the mission and values of Bethel University by
performing custodial and security services to the academic
- Perform nightly custodial duties which include, but are not
limited to: Vacuuming all hallways, lounges, and common areas;
straightening and arranging all lounge furniture; maintaining and
preparing the gym floor and fitness room; trash / recycling /
vacuuming of the HC4th floor library, Facilities Management and
Security office suites; auto-scrubbing the BC tile; and removing
hallway trash and recycling.
- Secure the academic complex by locking all exterior and
interior doors. Check all remaining students for required
late-night building passes; escort those without passes from the
- Unlock the academic complex; verify all event set-ups have been
completed, and all areas are clean and ready for use.
- Perform carpet extraction and hard floor maintenance and
resurfacing throughout the academic complex, including the library
and dining center special projects.
- Perform security rounds and monitor all building systems and
alarms throughout the night. Act as 1st responder to any issue, and
contact appropriate emergency or on-call personnel as needed.
Report non-emergency building maintenance needs via work order
- Individual should have demonstrated the ability to work
independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students is
- Working knowledge of communicating via email is required;
experience with Google calendar & email, and event management
- Requires one year of custodial experience.
- Previous experience with carpet extraction, hard floor
resurfacing, and building security preferred.
- Requires a high school degree or equivalent.
- This is a 12 month, 40 hours per week position.
- Working hours are 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m., Thursday-Monday. This
position is considered essential personnel and must be available
outside of normal working hours if needed to support contingency
operations such as snow removal or support of special events.
Summer maintenance work presents unique demands on the department
and vacation opportunities are normally limited near Memorial Day
and Labor Day weekends due to graduation and welcome week events.
Also, vacations are also normally limited beginning the first full
week of August through Labor Day due to the wrap-up of summer
projects and preparation for the start of the school year. Must
have a strong customer orientation and be committed to building a
team that provides superior service to Bethel and local
- Complies with environmental health and safety requirements and
procedures as outlined in University and State policies and
Keywords: Bethel, St. Paul , 3rd Shift Nightwatch Custodian, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!