Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Scanlan International
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Surgical Technologies, Inc., a Scanlan company, has an exciting
opportunity to join our team as a Lead Manufacturing Engineer!
STI has been a pioneer in medical contracting since 1981. Today,
we continue as a leader, expanding our resources to better serve
our customers. From the initial contact to the final development of
products, we enforce rigid, industry leading standards. This
commitment has earned STI an international reputation for
dependable contract packaging, responsive service, and the ability
to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the healthcare industry.
This position is based in St. Paul, MN.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm.
PAY: Based on experience.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or
POSITION / JOB SUMMARY:
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer (LME) oversees the development
and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper
product functionality as well as cost efficiency; is responsible
for the development of manufacturing equipment; and may supervise
assigned manufacturing engineers and engineering technicians. The
LME will evaluate, investigate, plan, manage and lead projects to
onboard new contract manufacturing customers for the Company and
manage other projects as assigned. The LME will manage the
execution of the applicable processes, like Customer Change Request
and Request for Quote, to deliver projects on time and within
established budget. The LME must demonstrate clear project
leadership to drive results from a multi-function team. The LME
must demonstrate excellent relationship skills, including
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
New Customer Onboarding/Project Management:
- Manages the integration of new products (from existing
customers) or new customers into the contract manufacturing
- Supports outside sales to qualify, estimate, develop quotations
and perform any other tasks to acquire and onboard new products
(from existing customers) or new customers.
- Performs project management of cross-functional teams,
planning, creating and executing Project Plans utilizing Gantt
schedules, financial statements, project management processes &
templates and other formats, as required.
- Acts as an Engineering representative as needed with
- Works with Customer Service, Manufacturing Engineering,
Operations, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance and Quality Assurance to
develop solutions for the onboarding of new customer products and
- Supervise assigned engineers and engineering technicians, as
pertaining to New Customer Onboarding.
- Assists with the development or acquisition of new technology
to support sales strategies to attract new customers.
- Assists in new product (from existing customers) or new
customer business-case analysis.
- Responsible for new product and customer onboarding process and
- Assists in the development of strategy and tactics
- Supervise assigned engineers and engineering technicians, as
pertaining to Sustaining Engineering.
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews, annual goals and merit
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective
systems and simulation tools to provide optimization, use of space,
equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist, support and implement manufacturing processes in
accordance with applicable medical device regulations and other
- Ensure that products are manufactured at the highest quality
- Champion Lean principles, providing leadership and Lean
- Lead cost reduction and capacity expansion projects.
- Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of
facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and
procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Determine and eliminate root causes to address process
problems. Support the CAPA/NCMR/Complaint processes.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes in accordance
with internal and customer-supplied specifications, following
applicable standards, test protocols vendors/subcontractors.
- Perform those tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Manages the Technical Services function, directing and
coordinating tasks as necessary to cross-functional
- Responsible for and continuously improvement of the Customer
Change Requests (CCR) process, defining CCR scope, schedule and
- Works with external customers to understand changes and
establishes the scope of change
- Works with the internal/external teams to establish change
- Produces customer proposals, including statements of work
- Works with Finance to determine Proposal NRE pricing.
- Reports monthly on Technical Services KPIs and revenue
- Engineering Degree(or equivalent relevant industry
- 7+ years' experience in a Medical Device company (FDA/ISO
13485) required, preferably a contract manufacturer.
- 3-5 years' supervision of engineering associates.
- Engineering project management.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, and with a Pro/E or SolidWorks
design application software.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Sound business judgment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong strategic/visionary skills - can clearly articulate
their vision for the project.
- Team player.
- Energetic, self-motivated and can work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate,
handle, or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The
associate frequently is required to talk and hear. The associate
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision
and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are
representative of those an associate encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually very quiet.
Surgical Technologies, Inc. has an excellent benefit package to
- Medica Health Insurance (9 different plan options)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company paid Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life & Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Training / Development Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply today to join our team!
Keywords: Scanlan International, St. Paul , Lead Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!