Events Specialist, Part Time Intermittent
Company: Twin Cities Public Television
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 9, 2021
EVENT SPECIALIST, PART TIME INTERMITTENT
To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired,
and supported by the people you work with and by our communities
around us. We are a collection of storytellers, analysts, planners,
and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our
communities to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be
part of this team!
Twin Cities PBS has an immediate opening for a part time
intermittent Event Specialist to assist the Event Producer in
execution and planning of TPT events. This individual collaborates
with other TPT departments and external organizations to
strategically use events as a way to increase community engagement,
awareness, revenue and support for Twin Cities PBS.
This position works on an as needed basis and does require
nights and weekend availability and access to reliable
transportation for off-site events.
- Assists in execution of events including the State Fair, TPT
fundraising and transactional events, program promotional events,
Almanac Evenings Studio & Visionary Society recognition events and
various ad hoc events.
- Assist in management of volunteers and staff to ensure a
positive experience and positive event outcomes.
- Collaborates with colleagues, other TPT departments and outside
organizations to schedule, plan, and execute events.
- Follows event project plan and timeline for all pre- and
post-event activities and supervises support staff in executing all
tasks in a timely manner.
- Assists with the use of outside vendors.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure positive relationships that
result in cost-effective, high quality events.
- Creates scripts and schedules for event programs.
- Partners with Building Services to ensure that all event set-up
and clean-up is completed in a timely manner.
- Partners with production staff to schedule all technical and
production staff needed for events.
- Assists with coordinating arrangements for photography or
videography and takes responsibility for coordinating follow up
mailings of these to donors who are pictured.
- Works to ensure that products/services are well planned, of the
highest quality, delivered in a timely manner, and meet client
- Performs client event planning service for communicating and
coordination with various departments to enhance achievement of
mission and financial goals.
- Presents a highly professional image of TPT to all stakeholders
in all communications.
- Builds strong relationships with TPT staff, vendors, funders,
- Two to three years of experience organizing and executing
- Must be a self-starter with strong ability to take initiative
and work independently.
- Experience / expertise with audio-visual equipment and
technology strongly preferred.
- Experience putting on events in conjunction with a live
television production preferred, but not required.
- Experience with high-end, formal events preferred, but not
- Strong relationship builder with ability to work well with
people of diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Successful ability to manage and prioritize multiple project /
event details simultaneously, and able to maintain professional
composure under pressure.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work outside traditional business hours - nights and
weekend time required.
- Valid driver's license to drive company van to and from
- Passion for public media and our mission, vision and values a
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for periods of time.
- Ability to lift, bend and carry approximately 25 - 30 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors, in various weather elements, for
State Fair event needs and other TPT outdoor events.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, hang signs,
set up TPT tables and marketing displays, and distribute
To learn more or to apply, please visit our Career Center at
and click the "Apply for Jobs" button.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal
Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you
need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability during the application or the recruiting process, please
send a request to email@example.com
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the
most innovative public media organizations in the country. Every
day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur
learning, help young people succeed and help adults age vitally.
Click here to learn more about what we do.
Keywords: Twin Cities Public Television, St. Paul , Events Specialist, Part Time Intermittent, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!