Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in St. Paul, MN, currently has an opportunity for a
Senior Auditor. We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior
Auditor to assess effectiveness of SOX financial and compliance
related business processes and controls at domestic and
international locations. Identify the most effective and efficient
approaches to mitigate risks and continually evaluate the
effectiveness of processes in place. Promote the process of
continuous monitoring of controls and risk management, and work
with management to develop potential solutions for issues
identified. Exercise judgment in planning and organizing work.
Perform special assignment and projects as directed.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform audit procedures of financial and compliance related
business processes and controls.
- This will include reviewing internal control documentation,
performing walk-throughs of key processes, performing tests of key
controls to ensure they are operating effectively and evaluating
deficiencies identified during testing.
- Perform other business process and compliance projects included
in the Internal Audit Plan.
- Create clear and accurate documentation of financial, business
and compliance processes and controls as well as test results and
- Develop audit programs including steps to test effectiveness of
controls in place to address risks.
- Report (orally and in writing) on the results of work performed
including recommendations for deficiencies identified.
- Establish positive working relationships with management.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or related
- 2+ years public accounting or audit experience with large
company (including 1+ years in-charging audits).
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and audit experience in
testing SOX related processes and controls.
- 2+ years project management experience including the ability to
organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as
attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 35%, including
- CPA designation or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA)
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience highly
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great
career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life
to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Senior Auditor, Other , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!